What's new

Time for a LARAMIE Blu-ray release (1 Viewer)

PianoPlayer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
Five+ years ago, we were celebrating that LARAMIE was running on the Encore (Starz) channel, with remastered HD prints. I just finished season 4 and those prints are indeed beautiful -- stellar picture and sound.

But the prints used for the DVD releases were apparently another matter (someone called the Timeless release of the LARAMIE color episodes "an embarrassment.")

Any chance of a Blu-ray complete series release?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Five+ years ago, we were celebrating that LARAMIE was running on the Encore (Starz) channel, with remastered HD prints. I just finished season 4 and those prints are indeed beautiful -- stellar picture and sound.

But the prints used for the DVD releases were apparently another matter (someone called the Timeless release of the LARAMIE color episodes "an embarrassment.")

Any chance of a Blu-ray complete series release?
Isn't Timeless the Kino TV department for releases? I'd ask Kino insider first. If anyone would know it would be him. Unfortunatly for most companies, TV shows are low on the totem pole of priorities. Mill Creek might, but I wouldn't take odds on it...I've been wanting a restored BD Box set of the 50s Cisco Kid, and that has about as much chance as yours. All I'm seeing are tumble weeds :huh:

tumbleweed GIF

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
If they ever put the new HD transfers of Laramie on disc, I'd definitely buy it! In the meantime, I'm just hoping I can make it through the series on the Starz app before they take them down. I hope they never do, but in the streaming world, who knows ..

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I've been watching Laramie on the Starz app. The HD prints have been stellar!! I just watched episode 28 from season 1, "Saddle and Spur," with guest star Beverly Garland. It runs to 45 minutes, 4 minutes shorter than the previous 27 episodes. Did they accidently remaster a syndicated print for this episode? Is it longer on the season 1 DVDs, with the poorer prints? The show did feel choppy, like there were a few small explanatory scenes missing.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Another Laramie oddity on the Starz app. The Starz version of Episode 31, "Men of Defiance," is one that doesn't have the Laramie opening and is missing the 2 minute tag scene at the end with the regular Laramie cast. Both of these are apparently on the Laramie DVD season 1 set. The Starz version seems to be a slightly shorter cut of the episode, with opening and closing titles that make it look like a pilot for a new show called Defiance created by the Laramie producers. Defiance was never picked up.

Even on Starz, with amazing HD quality, a streaming version of a show isn't perfect. There are edited episodes and wrong versions of shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks