What's new

Tiger Woods 2003 (xbox) equip. upgrades (1 Viewer)

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if the new shafts, heads, gloves and balls affect gameplay at all? I tried the super-stiff shafts and it seemed it was harder to hit the ball straight, but I don't know if I just had a case of the shanks or if the new shafts make the swing less forgivable.
Do the newer balls travel farther. It's really hard to tell since if you are swinging well, you can hit the ball using default equipment pretty far.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Mark_Arelius

Auditioning
Everything you get improves your game! I suggest Tiger challenge for drastically improving your cash value FAST! If your tired of going about it slowly just throw in a cheat code and pick Super Tiger Woods, hes pretty good with his 425 yard drives and backspin that stops the ball cold

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
Its my opinion that they do not improve your performance...More like a "status symbol" than a true improvement....Or a very marginal difference compared to attribute improvements....

One of the reasons I suspect it doesnt make a difference is the characters. Tiger has a nike ball, Nike Driver, different shaft etc...The pros tend to have what they play instead of the "game equipment"....But again, I havent done any real testing - just as I upgraded, didnt sense a difference...

And one note - Super stiff wouldnt create an accuracy problem - less flex would mean more control....If you didnt have the swing speed to require the shaft in real life - you would lose distance....Shaft flex has mostly to do with swing speed - another reason it seems unlikely the game could incorporate this....Ball could effect spin though....

I think its hard to tell since the game is sooooooooo easy to master....Even my 7 yr old tried playing with me and hit all 18 fairways of a versus "match" and she doesnt even like or play video games....A friend came over and played for the first time and made Eagle, Hole in one on consecutive holes....But this is ok - they were maxed stat players anyways....and that what makes it fun - anyone can play once the attributes are even amongst players....

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I don't really know if the upgrades actually add performance or not. But whenever I unlock something I immediately equip it. I don't know, it makes me feel special when I unlock something, so I immediatley have to use it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks