1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Three-way Y adapter cable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dean_M, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Dean_M

Dean_M Second Unit

This post is probably more appropriate for the Connections forum, but since I'm a clueless newbie, I'll post it here.:b

I'm in the process of trying to hook up an Infinity IL100s subwoofer with two IL50 mainspeakers with built in subwoofers using LFE cable. Infinity recommends that I use two Y cable adapters in series from the single subwoofer output on my Denon 3802 in order to supply the 3 subwoofers. I'm hoping that there's a neater way of doing this. Does anyone make a three-way Y cable adapter with 1 male RCA plug and 3 female RCA plugs? Any better alternatives to either method would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer not to have to spend the money or the time to wait on a custom made unit if at all possible.

Dean

2. Brian Crowe

Brian Crowe Stunt Coordinator

I looked these up on the web and it seems to me you should be able to use a single cable with splitter going into the sub, then run a cable from the subs l/r outputs to each speaker. Seems like it would cut down on the excess cable splitting.

Crowe