What's new

This summer's big bomb will be? (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Spielberg made himself a bad reputation by A.I. (Don´t get me wrong i love that film) but i doubt that anybody will want to see anything from Spielberg again.

------------------------------------------------------------

Where is the smiley? I guess I'm not anybody then because I didn't mind A.I and "Minority Report" looks like it could be a good Hollywood sci-fi actioner.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Oscar

Second Unit
I never said that Minority Report looked by a bad film.

But many people i know hate Spielberg and don´t want to see any films of him because of A.I.

But i am not a close-minded person, so i will go see MR the day it opens.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Right. No one will go see Indiana Jones 4. Or an action movie with Tom Cruise. Or a chase film with Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio.
Who would wanna see those right?:rolleyes:laugh:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
But many people i know hate Spielberg and don´t want to see any films of him
I know if I hated him I wouldn't want to see any films of him either :) but.......I still don't mind seeing films by him.
I wasn't trying to say that you thought "Minority Report" would be a bad film. I was just pointing out that your statement regarding Spielberg was a little too generalized.

Oscar

Second Unit
Well i have always been a big Spielberg fan.

No doubt about it, my fave film from him is E.T.

Also another film that will bomb will be: Mr.Deeds.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No doubt about it, my fave film from him is E.T.

Interesting. I have never seen E.T. It is one of his films that I just cannot bring myself to watch.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Umm.....after Jaws, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, E.T., Schindler's List, etc., it would be impossible for Spielberg to make a bad name for himself with one film the public didn't like. Heck, he could probably make five bad movies in a row and people would still go see his stuff. And for the record, MANY people loved A.I. I, for one, am really looking forward to Minority Report, I think it will be the second best film of the summer.

-Tom

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
But many people i know hate Spielberg and don´t want to see any films of him because of A.I.
That's gotta be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. He's made a lot of films besides "A.I.", a lot of good films. It's just ludicrous to dismiss his entire future career based on one film.

I see "Spirit," "Windtalkers," and "Scooby Doo" as being the major flops. The trailer for "The Bourne Identity" didn't do anything for me either.

Oscar

Second Unit
Ditto Malcom.
But it seems that my friends are nothing but brain-dead mental defectives. :D

Rob T

Screenwriter
I hope Scooby bombs. It just wasn't done any justice on film. The script sucks and so do a few of the main actors. :frowning:

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Count me in as among those who hope Mr. Deeds will tank. Hopefully, Adam Sandler would then go away... :thumbsdown:

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I'm not a big Sandler fan but I have to admit that the scene in the Deeds trailer where he has John Turturro wacking his foot was pretty damn funny. Of course, after I stopped laughing I thought: "What the hell is John Turturro doing in a movie like this?"
Oh well.

Eric M Jones

Second Unit
MIB 2 will be a hit.

Undercover Brother will be this years The Fast and The Furious. (Lower budget film that comes out of nowhere and makes plenty of $ to justify a sequel)

Scooby Doo will suck, but it will make lots of $. (Just like the Flintstones and no one will admit to actually seeing it.)

Minortiy Report will make it's $ back and will restore the faith that so many lost with Speilberg's AI.

Bourne Identity will be one of the better movies that nobody sees.

The Sum of all Fears will be moderate hit. (Not as big as the other Clancy movies but enough to keep making them.)

Wind Talkers is going to tank as well as Jackass The Movie.

-EJ

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
I guess I'm going to be alone in this, but I think it'll be...
Goldmember
If it's more of the same repeat jokes from the first Austin Powers film like The Spy Who Shagged Me was, I can't see too many people wanting a 3rd outing.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I'm no Austin Powers fan but I'm sure that part three will be a hit. The trailer was shown on Attack of the Clones and I swear I was the only one in that theater not laughing my ass off.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking Minority Report. Not an outright bomb; it will make good money.. for a while.. but it will not have great success... it will be an RushHour2 type boxoffice.. which isn't bad.. but considering what people think it should do, anything sub $200M will be viewed as "not so hot"

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

According to Box Office Mojo their rankings have it as no. 71 all-time with over $347,000,000 worldwide. Domestically it is ranked no. 29th all-time with over $226,000,000

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks