What's new

Theater almost complete - Pics (1 Viewer)

Robert Ma

Second Unit
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the great posts and ideas!
I am finally close to finishing my Home Theater. I still need to get some nice posters, signs, and better lighting (not to mention build a platform for the back row) but I decided to finally put some pictures online since its starting to come together.
Let me know what you think.
www.erols.com/rmahle

RyanL

Stunt Coordinator
Looks excellent. Very nice components. How do you like the marantz with the paradigms? I'm looking at the Marantz 6200 or 7200 as my next receiver. I hear good things about the marantz/paradigm combo. You should check out my post in hardware. I'm interested in trading my CC-450 for a 350 or 370. LMK

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Great site! Very user friendly. I also love the couches, looks real relaxing.
Good job!
Wes

Melencio Paras Jr.

Auditioning
Excellent work Robert... I'm very impressed!
I would like to know more about the size of your room. My house has an extra garage that I would like to convert into a home theater and I would like to compare my dimensions with yours as I think we almost have the same equipment.
Incidentally, which part of the house is this?
Again, great setup. Congrats, you must be very proud.
Mel
------------------

Robert Ma

Second Unit
RyanL:
I think the Marantz and Paradigm speakers sound great together. I have tested the Pioneer Elite prior and Onkyo (can't remember the model) and the marantz definatley sounded better. I had a Yamaha 992 that matched okay also but it was definatley under powered for them. I remember it sounded a little to bright with the Yamaha but not too bad. The Pioneer was the oppisite. I loved the amp but for some reason it sounded muddy with my speakers.
In response to the 450. You know I didn't realize it had a built in amp. I don't know how that would work in my system. How come you want to downgrade?
Wes:
Thanks for the comment on the site being user friendly. I do a lot of Intranet stuff at work and thats always my first goal - useability. Most sites put too much garbage and make it tough to navigate.
I was looking for 2 years for real cinema seats cheap but finally gave up and bought the couches. Now I hear there is a theater near by going under....figures.
Melencio Paras, Jr.:
Funny you mention your thinking about converting your garage because thats what my room used to be. It was converted into a family room before I bought the house. It is 19 1/2 feet from the front wall to the back wall, perfect for my taste. But from where the speaker on the left is to the right wall it is only 9 and a 1/4 feet. This is because the downstairs closet on the other side was expaned into the room and converted to a bathroom. The wall behind the rack to the other side is 11 and a half feet but then the built in closet cuts the width back to 9 and a 1/4 again. Then in the back the width is cut to 8 and a 1/2 feet because the kitchen was also expanded into this room.
The width is just a few feet short of what I ideally would want but I am thankful I have a room that doesn't disturb the rest of the house for this hobby. The basement is horrible so I couldn't do anything down there. I wasn't looking for a theater room when I bought the house 4 years ago but you can bet I will in the future when I move.
[Edited last by Robert Ma on July 10, 2001 at 09:10 PM]

RyanL

Stunt Coordinator
Actually it doesn't have an amp. You might have been looking at the active/CC, but the studio/CC is closer to what I have. I only want to downgrade because I want to have the same monitor line throughout. I just upgraded my surrounds to mini-monitors and would like my center to be monitor as well. (I'm kind of anal about things matching perfect). I can't wait to see the new marantz products.

Robert Ma

Second Unit
RyanL:
I thought that all Paradigm speakers timbre matched no matter which ones you interchange. Am I wrong when you go monitor series to reference?
Ace peterson:
Thanks, the couches are made by Lane. They are made out of Uerathane but I could never tell they weren't leather.
Also,
I ordered two frames from showoffdisplays.com yesterday. I ordered a Braveheart and Jurrasic Park 3 posters for them. Can't wait to get them in!
So how do I get my web site added to the theaters page?
------------------
Goto www.erols.com/rmahle to see my theater

RyanL

Stunt Coordinator
It's more that I want the speakers to look the same. The timbre is a little brighter with the reference IMO.

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
Looks really nice!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

------------------
Go see my new theater CINEMAX! updated 2001-07-10
Then give me your thoughts!!
http://cine-max.tripod.com/cinemax/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks