What's new

The X-Files Season 11 DVD/BD (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Let's hope the US date is the same (7/24 is a Tuesday). Lately the US and UK dates have not always been matching up.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
25 most important episodes according to Hollywood Reporter for 25th Anniversary. I would have also put "Humbug" in there.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/x-files-25th-anniversary-best-episodes-1140769
The top 10 is pretty solid (though it wouldn't be my top 10) but I definitely wouldn't have Arcadia, Syzygy, Blood or even the Pilot on a top 25 list. Also, credit to the Hollywood Reporter for resisting mentioning Vince Gilligan.

And the 11th Season set's out next week, right?
Yep.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, I disagree that the Pilot (or the finale episode of the original run) rank among the show's best. Obviously the pilot laid groundwork for all that followed, but that doesn't actually make it a great episode. And the finale episode, in my view, was too much of a clip show to count as a standalone work. I really dislike the tried-and-true method of turning a series finale into a retrospective clip show, and I always feel cheated when I see one of those - I'd rather they just made a real final episode instead of making it a greatest hits show.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I really dislike the tried-and-true method of turning a series finale into a retrospective clip show, and I always feel cheated when I see one of those - I'd rather they just made a real final episode instead of making it a greatest hits show.

I agree. At the time of the X-Files' last episode, Chris Carter no doubt had designs on continuing the show through movies so he didn't really want to wrap it up (as it should have been). Even now, after two "event series," he doesn't want to wrap it up. A show like the X-Files begs for an ending, unlike something like Star Trek, which begs to go on and on.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Yeah, I disagree that the Pilot (or the finale episode of the original run) rank among the show's best.

The article calls the chosen episodes the "most important" which means not necessarily the best, I guess.

My favorite episode of Season 11, and one of my favorites of any season, was Episode 7, titled "Rm9sbG93ZXJz".
Just outstanding, IMO.

Xphile620

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Blaker
As a massive fan who was so excited when the revival episodes were announced, I am glad that it appears the series has finally concluded.

It needs to be left alone. The revival episodes were, for the most part, not up to the par of the original, and the series creator trashed the mythology. I want to just enjoy what it is.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As a massive fan who was so excited when the revival episodes were announced, I am glad that it appears the series has finally concluded.

It needs to be left alone. The revival episodes were, for the most part, not up to the par of the original, and the series creator trashed the mythology. I want to just enjoy what it is.
I would agree. I think the only way I might be interested in additional episodes was if Chris Carter was not involved in any meaningful capacity.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

While I agree that you described the first revival series accurately. The second series had several terrific episodes (that were on a par with the original run)

IF a third series was made, and was as good as the second, that would be a good thing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
While I agree that you described the first revival series accurately. The second series had several terrific episodes (that were on a par with the original run)

IF a third series was made, and was as good as the second, that would be a good thing.
Yeah, after nearly 15 years away, I think they needed some time to get back to form and S10 only having 6 episodes didn't give them enough time to do that. When they went back for S11, they were in the groove again and I thought they did an overall excellent job and that it was one of the better years of the entire series.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Great extras on this blu-ray set. I've been through 2 1/2 hours of material already and it really is fantastically edited and put together. And a very poignant interview with Ducohvny and Anderson just sitting together. Plus a fantastic retrospective of the whole 25 year span with some of your favorite writers weighing in. They delivered on this if it's the last we'll ever see of the show.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
So get this... Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are appearing together at a "rock n roll, horror, halloween and tattoo" convention in my city (and charging buuko bucks for photos, autographs, etc.)

http://www.spookyempire.com/

Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny Duo Photo Op Ticket $200.00 (Plus $2.75 service fee)

Please exchange this ticket at the Photo Op Booth in exchange for a photo ticket.

This Photo Op Ticket does not include admission to Spooky Empire. Separate Admission must be purchased in addition.

Times, guests, and prices are subject to change. Be sure to check the schedule to verify times. You may have up to two (2) people in a photo, additional people may be added for an additional fee that will be available at the photo op booth.

First off, I thought Gillian Anderson didn't do these conventions and, secondly, and my point...

...She shuts the door on any future seasons of the show but she's ready and willing to cash in at a comic convention posing together with Duchovny? Am I off thinking this is a bit hypocritical and sort of crass?

She gets plenty of work (though she also turned down a second season of American Gods), but does she need the bucks this bad to go for such a cash grab? Just wondering.

And my son is going, and thinking about buying the $200 ticket! (The $475 ones, including autographs and good seats are sold out).

Sigh. Oh well. Maybe they have kids who want to go to Disney World.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So get this... Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are appearing together at a comic book convention in my city (and charging buuko bucks for photos, autographs, etc.)

Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny Duo Photo Op Ticket $200.00 (Plus $2.75 service fee)

Please exchange this ticket at the Photo Op Booth in exchange for a photo ticket.

This Photo Op Ticket does not include admission to Spooky Empire. Separate Admission must be purchased in addition.

Times, guests, and prices are subject to change. Be sure to check the schedule to verify times. You may have up to two (2) people in a photo, additional people may be added for an additional fee that will be available at the photo op booth.

First off, I thought Gillian Anderson didn't do these conventions and, secondly, and my point...

...She shuts the door on any future seasons of the show but she's ready and willing to cash in at a comic convention posing together with Duchovny? Am I off thinking this is a bit hypocritical and sort of crass?

She gets plenty of work (though she also turned down a second season of American Gods), but does she need the bucks this bad to go for such a cash grab? Just wondering.

And my son is going, and thinking about buying the $200 ticket! (The $475 ones, including autographs and good seats are sold out).

I go to enough conventions to know that, although it sounds insane, $200 is a pretty decent price for two people who still work and played iconic characters. I'm not a photo guy but I'd pay that money to get their autographs.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So get this... Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are appearing together at a "rock n roll, horror, halloween and tattoo" convention in my city (and charging buuko bucks for photos, autographs, etc.)

Not really. Just because she doesn't want to do any more episodes of the show after 11 seasons and 2 movies doesn't mean she has any less love for the material or the fans. She just wants to do something different and not do the show anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks