1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The X-Files Season 11 DVD/BD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Xphile620, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Xphile620

Xphile620 Agent

Andrew Blaker
    cajunhillbilly likes this.
  2. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    Will have to pick that up. Good season. 25 years of the X-Files sounds like a good extra, also.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Overall, I loved this season. And coincidentally, I'm up to S8 in rewatching the series yet again so I should be move right into S11 by July (I assume the U.S. release date is around that British one too).

4. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    Let's hope the US date is the same (7/24 is a Tuesday). Lately the US and UK dates have not always been matching up.

TravisR likes this.
  5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah and it would be extremely odd that it wasn't already announced if it was only a month and a half away so I think it'll be later in the U.S.

6. Hollywoodaholic

Wayne
    TravisR likes this.
  7. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

The top 10 is pretty solid (though it wouldn't be my top 10) but I definitely wouldn't have Arcadia, Syzygy, Blood or even the Pilot on a top 25 list. Also, credit to the Hollywood Reporter for resisting mentioning Vince Gilligan.

Yep.

8. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    Yeah, I disagree that the Pilot (or the finale episode of the original run) rank among the show's best. Obviously the pilot laid groundwork for all that followed, but that doesn't actually make it a great episode. And the finale episode, in my view, was too much of a clip show to count as a standalone work. I really dislike the tried-and-true method of turning a series finale into a retrospective clip show, and I always feel cheated when I see one of those - I'd rather they just made a real final episode instead of making it a greatest hits show.

Sam Favate likes this.
  9. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    I agree. At the time of the X-Files' last episode, Chris Carter no doubt had designs on continuing the show through movies so he didn't really want to wrap it up (as it should have been). Even now, after two "event series," he doesn't want to wrap it up. A show like the X-Files begs for an ending, unlike something like Star Trek, which begs to go on and on.

10. MartinP.

MartinP. Second Unit

Martin
    The article calls the chosen episodes the "most important" which means not necessarily the best, I guess.

My favorite episode of Season 11, and one of my favorites of any season, was Episode 7, titled "Rm9sbG93ZXJz".
    Just outstanding, IMO.

11. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    Any word of more episodes being made?

12. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Cinematographer

Robert
    Thankfully, no.

Gillian Anderson says she's out. Ratings were in the gutter. The Disney sale is likely leaving Fox Network uninterested in paying for more episodes of an expensive, low rated show they won't own.

13. Xphile620

Xphile620 Agent

Andrew Blaker
    As a massive fan who was so excited when the revival episodes were announced, I am glad that it appears the series has finally concluded.

It needs to be left alone. The revival episodes were, for the most part, not up to the par of the original, and the series creator trashed the mythology. I want to just enjoy what it is.

Malcolm R likes this.
  14. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I would agree. I think the only way I might be interested in additional episodes was if Chris Carter was not involved in any meaningful capacity.

Jeff Flugel likes this.
  15. David Weicker

David Weicker Cinematographer

David
    While I agree that you described the first revival series accurately. The second series had several terrific episodes (that were on a par with the original run)

IF a third series was made, and was as good as the second, that would be a good thing.

MartinP. and TravisR like this.
  16. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, after nearly 15 years away, I think they needed some time to get back to form and S10 only having 6 episodes didn't give them enough time to do that. When they went back for S11, they were in the groove again and I thought they did an overall excellent job and that it was one of the better years of the entire series.

MartinP. and David Weicker like this.
  17. Hollywoodaholic

Wayne
    Great extras on this blu-ray set. I've been through 2 1/2 hours of material already and it really is fantastically edited and put together. And a very poignant interview with Ducohvny and Anderson just sitting together. Plus a fantastic retrospective of the whole 25 year span with some of your favorite writers weighing in. They delivered on this if it's the last we'll ever see of the show.

TravisR likes this.
  18. Hollywoodaholic

Wayne
    So get this... Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are appearing together at a "rock n roll, horror, halloween and tattoo" convention in my city (and charging buuko bucks for photos, autographs, etc.)

http://www.spookyempire.com/

Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny Duo Photo Op Ticket $200.00 (Plus $2.75 service fee)

Please exchange this ticket at the Photo Op Booth in exchange for a photo ticket.

This Photo Op Ticket does not include admission to Spooky Empire. Separate Admission must be purchased in addition.

Times, guests, and prices are subject to change. Be sure to check the schedule to verify times. You may have up to two (2) people in a photo, additional people may be added for an additional fee that will be available at the photo op booth.

First off, I thought Gillian Anderson didn't do these conventions and, secondly, and my point...

...She shuts the door on any future seasons of the show but she's ready and willing to cash in at a comic convention posing together with Duchovny? Am I off thinking this is a bit hypocritical and sort of crass?

She gets plenty of work (though she also turned down a second season of American Gods), but does she need the bucks this bad to go for such a cash grab? Just wondering.

And my son is going, and thinking about buying the $200 ticket! (The $475 ones, including autographs and good seats are sold out).

Sigh. Oh well. Maybe they have kids who want to go to Disney World.

19. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I go to enough conventions to know that, although it sounds insane, $200 is a pretty decent price for two people who still work and played iconic characters. I'm not a photo guy but I'd pay that money to get their autographs.

Jason_V likes this.
  20. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Not really. Just because she doesn't want to do any more episodes of the show after 11 seasons and 2 movies doesn't mean she has any less love for the material or the fans. She just wants to do something different and not do the show anymore.