What's new

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
Before he made those films, Hill directed Hard Times which may or may not be influential :) - but it is one of my favorite Charles Bronson features. It features some memorable dialog (particularly from Strother Martin's Poe), well choreographed fights, and cinematography that captures the locations of the film to good effect.

Big fan of Southern Comfort also. I've owned just about incarnation of that film on home video media, including a pretty poor 4:3 Laser Disc. (The Blu-Ray release of this film was a welcome addition to my library.)

- Walter.
I always found it curious that Hill didn’t want to direct a horror film. He felt like he didn’t have the feel for it yet when you watch something like Southern Comfort, The Warrriors, you get the sense he would have done a great job.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
I always found it curious that Hill didn’t want to direct a horror film. He felt like he didn’t have the feel for it yet when you watch something like Southern Comfort, The Warrriors, you get the sense he would have done a great job.
Agree. He set up dramatic confrontations almost better than anyone at the time of Southern Comfort, Long Riders and 48HRS. Maybe he thought he couldn't better Alien. But also, I think he just liked to explore the film genres he felt most comfortable in.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have not seen this movie in a very long time but it was also past time to add this to my library!

20231222_214031.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks