What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Warriors – Question for fans (1 Viewer)

Berk

Stunt Coordinator
All:

I’ve recently rediscovered the Walter Hill film, The Warriors, but something about the film doesn’t make sense to me.

The guy who shoots Cyrus (I believe his name in the film is Luther) is talking on a pay phone on two occasions in the film. While on the phone, he talks about what happened at the rally (“This guy Cyrus, he had an accident.”) and later is discussing how everyone is after the Warriors.

Who is he supposed to be talking to on the phone?

Any help is appreciated!

Berk

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I always figured it was others members of his gang.

Remember only 9 selected members of each gang were allowed at the rally.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Haven't seen the movie in years, but wasn't a radio DJ giving a running commentary on the Warrior's progress? I vaguely recall someone calling into the radio station to update the DJ, could these phone calls be that update?

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
IIRC, he was talking to his "boys." I recall one of his conversations including an ETA for their arrival home. He also said the word, "accident," sarcastically; as if the whole thing were planned and the party on the other side of the call knew exactly what had happened. JonZ is correct, most of the gangs had plenty more members who couldn't attend the rally because only nine delegates were allowed. Nice movie, by the way. :emoji_thumbsup:

Berk

Stunt Coordinator
Guys:

Thanks for your input! I agree it’s likely Luther was talking to his other gang members.

I thought there might be something the fans knew that would suggest otherwise.

Thanks again!

Berk

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I don't want to take this thread spinning wildly off course but you guys know that Tony Scott is doing a remake right?
#1 Who do you think they will cast in it, not just actors you think would be good in the rolls but also do you think they will stick with the multiracial gangs of the original?
#2 What obvious modern day movie cliches do you think they will add to the story (I.E. music, blue lights everywhere, Digital "grain" everywhere, rapid MTV editing, PC concessions in the script...for instance do you think cops will be beat up in this version, etc. etc.)?

And #3 Why do this at all?

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm...I just saw the preview for the remake of Assault on Precinct 13 last week. Basically, I think the Warriors remake will probably look kind of like that, especially with the corrupt police angle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks