What's new

The Walking Dead Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I officially love Carol now. My favorite (and most consistent) character on the show! Her speech about the town's people being children was spot on. More of that conversation and less of Gabriel and Sasha "character moments" please! They need to all listen to her more often.

I'm not sure what's lazier/goofier: leaving the gate conspicuously un-watched so Rick can have his moment, Glenn mysteriously (again?) getting out of sure death (offscreen, of course), or the note inside the car "bad people coming..." Ummm...who left that note? How did THEY get away? How did they know about the 'bad people'?

Good 'ol TWD - even in the midst of epic badass-ness like this season finale, they still have moments of "HUH????"

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
The scenes with Aaron and Daryl continue to be the best thing about recent episodes. The car scene was pretty terrific. Enjoying the bromance between these two characters. I have rapidly become a big fan of Aaron - who feels like one of the most authentic and three dimensional characters on the show.
Yeah, Aaron has quickly become a favorite of mine too. As a comic book reader, it's always fun and interesting to see a character make the transition from page to screen but once they put Aaron together with Daryl, he became more interesting than he ever has been in the comic.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
A nice change of pace for a season finale -- no immediate cliffhanger, plotlines resolved, characters reunited. All while ratcheting up the tension the entire episode.

I did do some big eyerolling at the hands-joined/prayer scene. Maggie's been rather vocal about renouncing her faith up to this moment. Preacher's theology has to be more than a little fucked-up at this point. And Sasha went from Sleeps With Walkers to Kumbaya pretty damn quickly.

The Season 6 premiere should begin with Morgan constructing a lightsaber (double-bladed, of course).

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I get how freaky looking Skeet Ulrich/Wolves dude makes a rave into a zombie trap. But, how do they carve the "W" on them? Were all those zombies alive when they got the "W"? If so, those crazy fucks have killed a LOT of people! If not, that is dangerous work, yo.

Also, why do they have the "W" on themselves? Wouldn't you want to differentiate the "wolves" from the "sheep"? If Skeet Ulrich dude is a wolf, then zombies shouldn't have "W"'s right? Or, vice versa? It's all very confusing...

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Speaking of the wolves....

If Morgan is buying into "all life is precious", what's up with what he did with them? Everyone is under the impression he spared them. Ok...he didn't kill them, and they clearly lived to kill red pancho guy. But, I was under the impression he was serving them up as a zombie smorgasbord. Why else did he honk the horn? Isn't that the dinner bell? Yeah...they pulled a Glenn and got out...but, Morgan was serving them up, right?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
On Talking Dead afterward, Lennie James mentioned that Morgan honked the car horn in order to verify that the area was clear, so that he would be safe to leave.

(Interestingly, I seriously thought at one point that they were going to reveal that Morgan had somehow become blind.)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
doug zdanivsky said:
The Gabriel leaving the gate open was lame.. I mean, I know they want to show that the Alexandrians are idiots, but c'mon.. They wouldn't have left it to a newcomer (and a weird one at that), they would have at least one person stationed there, the person stationed in the bell tower would have noticed it, etc, etc..
They actually did a good job setting this up. Because everybody got the hell out of the D.C. metro area when the crisis struck, the zombie population has up until now been much sparser than in most of the populated areas. Previous episodes have made it clear that they haven't always had at least one person stationed there, and they frequently don't have anybody stationed in the bell tower. Laughable from our perspective, given what we've seen so far over the course of the show, but consistent with how the Alexandrians have been portrayed.

Glen letting that POS live was lame.. I know Glen has to stay 'one of the good guys', but Jesus.. That guy has it coming to him on multiple levels..
I wouldn't say it was necessarily about keeping Glenn "one of the good guys", since Rick and Daryl are both among the good guys and they would have iced him without a second thought. It was a revealing moment about Glenn and where his limits are. I don't think the show's necessarily endorsing his decision, since Glenn had very good reasons to kill him.

Really, really sick of Gabriel's 'whiny little bitch' routine.. Hopefully he's smartened up, now, but I doubt it.
I don't think he's good to be a bad ass anytime soon (watch "Teen Wolf" if you want to see those shades of the actor) but I hope he's at least come to terms with what he's done so he won't be passive aggressively deflecting his guilt onto the group.

TravisR said:
Yeah but they're scared and suspicious of Rick and company so they could still think that Glenn shot himself in the shoulder to give credence to his version of events. Maybe that's a stretch but I think it's within the realm of believability that someone would suggest that.
I think Pete's drunken attack on Reg sort of calmed the waters in that regard.

Walter Kittel said:
The scenes with Aaron and Daryl continue to be the best thing about recent episodes. The car scene was pretty terrific. Enjoying the bromance between these two characters. I have rapidly become a big fan of Aaron - who feels like one of the most authentic and three dimensional characters on the show.
So many shows want to pat themselves on the back for having a gay character that it becomes the sole and defining quality for the character. I like that Aaron's boyfriend (husband?) was introduced but he doesn't play any larger role in Aaron's story than the equivalent opposite sex partner would have if Aaron were straight. He's allowed to be a three-dimensional human being, and him and Daryl on the road is about him and Daryl on the road.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Not getting this "Gabriel left the gate open" pushback. It was no error; he knew it wasn't closed, and in his suicidal state he figured come what may. Kill em all, let God sort it out. I kind of wish his tired zealot character was bumped off.

And I also thought Morgan had been blinded, and was going all Zaitoichi with his stick.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Bob Cashill said:
Not getting this "Gabriel left the gate open" pushback. It was no error; he knew it wasn't closed, and in his suicidal state he figured come what may. Kill em all, let God sort it out. I kind of wish his tired zealot character was bumped off.

No one is suggesting it was an accident.. What is ridiculous is that he was able to do so. Just a lazy set up..

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
So many shows want to pat themselves on the back for having a gay character that it becomes the sole and defining quality for the character. I like that Aaron's boyfriend (husband?) was introduced but he doesn't play any larger role in Aaron's story than the equivalent opposite sex partner would have if Aaron were straight. He's allowed to be a three-dimensional human being, and him and Daryl on the road is about him and Daryl on the road.
Same here.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Adam Lenhardt said:
He's allowed to be a three-dimensional human being, and him and Daryl on the road is about him and Daryl on the road.

Until it's revealed that Daryl is in fact gay. ;)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Bob Cashill said:
And I also thought Morgan had been blinded, and was going all Zaitoichi with his stick.

I'm seeing this type of comment a lot. While I don't know anything about fighting or using a staff, it was my immediate impression he was watching them via his peripheral vision. This way he could keep an eye on both (via sudden movements) at the same time without looking at them directly.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
1459169_1600838033463841_7109202314806177256_n.png

for those late night snacks, for the upcoming summer series. try these; bet they are delicious

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
That reminds me, has there ever been an explanation for why we never see zombie animals?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm still waiting to see a zombie baby.

Also, did Maggie ever actually tell anyone from the group about what she overheard Gabriel telling Deanna? I don't remember her doing so, which is kind of absurd. I would have expected her to immediately run out and tell the first person from the group that she saw.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
Also, did Maggie ever actually tell anyone from the group about what she overheard Gabriel telling Deanna? I don't remember her doing so, which is kind of absurd. I would have expected her to immediately run out and tell the first person from the group that she saw.
I just assumed it took place off camera and they didn't show the characters discuss it because they had bigger fish to fry with potentially having to kill people to remain there. If it didn't happen off camera, I guess Maggie will keep it to herself after they've sorta bonded while praying together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks