1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by truevalue, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Lead Actor

I would agree with the general sentiment that the writing as it regards Pete is pretty weak. As others have posted, ignoring the behavior, exiling him, and killing him are not the only choices in Alexandria. (Perhaps those might be the only choices outside the walls, in the wild and on the move; but the whole point of Alexandria is that other options exist.)

All of the other choices (esp. listed by Quentin) seem valid. Make him stop (take away the alcohol, physically separate him from his family, etc.) and if he refuses to provide medical treatment for the community as a result then beat his ass. If he still refuses THEN take more extreme measures. You don't have to jump to the nuclear option as your first choice.

- Walter.

TravisR likes this.
  2. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    One of the problems I have is that these communities seem to be the problem that would stop anything from succeeding. We know that when people die, they always become Zombies. And newly made Zombies are the faster moving more aggressive kind because they aren't starving.

Tightly bound population seems to just wait for someone to slip and fall down stairs, die through whatever reason, and then walla, a zombie outbreak inside the walls.

3. doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky Supporting Actor

doug zdanivsky
    Well, in a '28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead' zombie scenario, absolutely.. :)

But even at their perkiest, and it taking most of a day to turn, lone Walking Dead zombies aren't taking more than one or 2 other people with them before they get dealt with..

4. doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky Supporting Actor

doug zdanivsky
    :)

5. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

The most satisfying development from my perspective would be if, after imprisoning Rick for assaulting Pete, Pete actually does end up killing Jessie. That would definitely open up a vulnerability in Deanna's leadership, since she'll have backed the wrong horse.

joshEH likes this.
  6. SteveSs

SteveSs Stunt Coordinator

Steve
    What I would want is for the Grimes Gang to walk away from this place without any more bloodshed. But the writers wouldn't go for that, obviously. I'm at the point where I now think Rick is the bad guy. Look at all the devastation he's left behind. Glen and Maggie should be running this outfit.

7. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    To where? The walled-off, fortified, supply filled Mariott around the corner?

They'd be fools to leave. I hope they take it and teach the naive fools living there how to actually survive in the world they ARE actually living in.

8. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Sadly, no matter what "safe'" place they find. It will never work out since then the show will be over.

9. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

At some point, all of the doom and relentless gloom is just going to feel repetitive and boring. At that point, I'd much rather watch a "Postman"-esque story about the rebuilding of civilization in the aftermath of apocalypse than further variations on already explored themes.

10. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Lead Actor

I haven't read the graphic novels that serve as source material so I have no idea where that storyline is currently at and if Kirkman is interested in exploring that idea but yeah it does seem logical at some point that even without a cure that humanity will beat back the Walkers and create safe zones where the task of rebuilding society can begin in earnest. I think the problem (at least for this series) is that it isn't likely to take place for decades.

As technology goes into retrograde motion and the weaker members of society are culled new societies will eventually form. We have our own past (minus the zombies of course) to see how the rebuild might transpire.

- Walter.

11. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    I'm not expecting the show to take that direction, but I'd love to see them taking a page from World War Z (the book not the movie) and see groups of survivors banding together and slowly taking the world back, one corpse at a time.

As unhinged as Sasha currently is, she kind of has the right idea (along with Morgan back in his town). They need to clear. They just need to be less crazy about it and more systematic.

The main problem is that as long as resources (food, safe shelter, etc...) are scarce, the survivors are going to be spending most of their energy fighting each other rather than systematically clearing areas. It's just human nature.

12. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, Sasha's only problem is that she's using ammo that should probably be strictly conserved for defense against humans or in life-or-death walker situations. Well, that's a problem and so is that she's flipped her wig.

joshEH likes this.
  13. MarkMel

MarkMel Cinematographer

Constructing lanes to direct the walkers into pits would be much more efficient. Like a fish trap.

TravisR likes this.
  14. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

It would be kinda of cool to see a place that is safe and well defended. The show could be about the teams of people going out to find survivors.

On a similar note. In the movie "I Am Legend" at the end when they find that walled settlement. It's large enough for growing crops and raising livestock. You can even see turbines for power.

Got to the 1:19 mark to see it. Then at the very end you see the camera pan out into the air and you can see how big the settlement is.

15. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Redditor posted meeting up with Abraham at the Gym. Ron needs this T-shirt:

[​IMG]

Neil Middlemiss and joshEH like this.
  16. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

You make a good point, especially when you consider that the Dark Ages last five centuries or more after the collapse of the Roman Empire.

That being said, eventually we're going to reach a point where the rebuilding would be more interesting to me than the continued breakdown of society.

17. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I have some friends on a military forum and we discuss both the show and the comic. They get frustrated about a lot of the tactical mistakes they make....Not even things that someone in the military would know. For example Dale's RV. They kept that old beat up one that broke down a few times. When they could just go up to any auto dealership and walk out with a new vehicle.

The other gripe (especially with the comic) is that its so depressing. Yes, I know its a comic about the end of the world with zombies. But, it became just too much. Seems to me that every bastion of a new society that has formed has been evil or corrupt.

18. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

That's the best part of the comic book to me. :lol: Thanks to the horrible stuff in the comic, the TV show doesn't feel dark enough.

19. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    [​IMG]

joshEH, Sean Bryan and TravisR like this.
  20. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Yeah, Shane was way ahead of the curve there.