What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (4 Viewers)

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
Does TT have any plans to release Calling Northside 777 (1948)?

The reason I ask is because a German Blu-Ray is being released next month. LINK

I ordered the UK Blu-Ray of Kiss of Death (1947) last year because I didn't know TT wasn't going to release it. A heads-up would be greatly appreciated. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My order for "Kiss of Death" with SAE still shows as pending. Probably my last order with them, will use TT's direct site from now on.
Same here. I fell for their "pre-order discount" but still don't even have a shipping notice for two titles that streeted last week and for which my credit card has already been charged.

Not very good customer service, and I'll hesitate to order from them again.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm just getting last week's released titles today from Twilight Time. I don't think it's SAE's fault, but a problem with disc manufacturer which put both retail sites behind shipping their orders out. Under normal conditions, Twilight Time usually gets their supply 2-3 days earlier than SAE.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I'm just getting last week's released titles today from Twilight Time. I don't think it's SAE's fault, but a problem with disc manufacturer which put both retail sites behind shipping their orders out. Under normal conditions, Twilight Time usually gets their supply 2-3 days earlier than SAE.

That's what I understand also. I think it was due to one of the titles delayed a week.

Quatermass II

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hayes
Strange, I've never had any issues with shipping from SAE. I haven't ordered from TT direct yet, but have been happy with all my orders from SAE.
Have to agree. Even when I've had to change or cancel an order, I've never had a problem with SAE/Twilight Time orders - or anything else in several years of buying from them

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Very cool, I'm thinking of making a blind buy of it.
I wouldn't do a blind buy. This film has some exciting scenes, great shots of the Grand Canyon and was directed by Don Siegel, but it's not for everyone's taste. I grew up watching such films, but I'm not sure how it will translate to some of the younger film buffs. For someone like me that have watch such films beforehand in pan & scan on TV then to finally see them in their OAR like Cinemascope makes it a fun experience.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I wouldn't do a blind buy. This film has some exciting scenes, great shots of the Grand Canyon and was directed by Don Siegel, but it's not for everyone's taste. I grew up watching such films, but I'm not sure how it will translate to some of the younger film buffs. For someone like me that have watch such films beforehand in pan & scan on TV then to finally see them in their OAR like Cinemascope makes it a fun experience.

I saw this film in a theatre when it first came out. I was in my mid-teens!

One of the elements I like about Edge Of Eternity is that it shows how politicians can put pressure on police officers. In the novels of Raymond Chandler - and in some of the films based on those novels, as well as movies like The Strange Love Of Martha Ivers and The Big Heat - it is a given that the police work at the beck and call of powerful politicians and their financial backers, but it is never explained how that works in practice.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I saw this film in a theatre when it first came out. I was in my mid-teens!

One of the elements I like about Edge Of Eternity is that it shows how politicians can put pressure on police officers. In the novels of Raymond Chandler - and in some of the films based on those novels, as well as movies like The Strange Love Of Martha Ivers and The Big Heat - it is a given that the police work at the beck and call of powerful politicians and their financial backers, but it is never explained how that works in practice.
Man, you're old.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks