What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
That's what they are telling us....

From my viewpoint, this is another positive argument for the retention of physical media (DVD, Blu, UHD-Blu) as a movie purchase option.
If these 3 titles were strictly streaming or Net-based, your "purchase" could disappear and you're left with nothing as we've already seen on occasion. With these TT Blus, once bought, they're yours.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Please note the the following 3 titles by Fancois Truffaut are especially sale-priced at SAE as they will be shortly going out of print:

THE BRIDE WORE BLACK - $9.95
THE STORY OF ADELE H - $9.95
MISSISSIPPI MERMAID - $9.95

http://www.screenarchives.com

Well you got me. I have been on the fence with these titles and now pulled the trigger. Thanks for the the sale and heads up. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
I actually saw this abomination on t.v. about 25 years ago. It might be fun to have it as a bonus feature, but we all want the original, looking as pristine as source materials allow. The other sword and sorcery MGM/United Artists titles I would love on Blu-ray are THE MAGIC SWORD and CAPTAIN SINDBAD.

I so agree with the above regarding Jack the Giant Killer, The Magic Sword, and Captain Sindbad

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Like to see more Truffaut like Two English Girls or Small Change..

It appears that the MGM/UA Truffaut titles Twilight Time have already released are going out of print, as apparently MGM has lost its licenses to them. We can only hope that some other outlet will finally give us SMALL CHANGE, TWO ENGLISH GIRLS, THE WILD CHILD, etc.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
If you're a Bernard Herrmann fan, don't miss the TT edition of BRIDE WORE BLACK. Aside from the isolated score track, there's a second disc that contains a 79 minute audio conversation with Herrmann! Subsequent releases of BRIDE WORE BLACK might not contain that bonus disc.

laser

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matty
Mississippi Mermaid and The Bride Wore Black have been on my list for a while. Swell discount.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Screen Archives have the St. Valentine's Day Massacre on sale for $14.95 until tomorrow (2/17) This is a very good disc with superb, clean images. The film is a splendid gangster movie, an absolute must-see for anyone who likes gangster films.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Screen Archives have the St. Valentine's Day Massacre on sale for $14.95 until tomorrow (2/17) This is a very good disc with superb, clean images. The film is a splendid gangster movie, an absolute must-see for anyone who likes gangster films.
I'll never forget my first viewing of this film in the Merritt Theater back in day. Of course, I already own this BD.:)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you're a Bernard Herrmann fan, don't miss the TT edition of BRIDE WORE BLACK. Aside from the isolated score track, there's a second disc that contains a 79 minute audio conversation with Herrmann! Subsequent releases of BRIDE WORE BLACK might not contain that bonus disc.
You made me bite on this one. A blind buy, but your recommendation about the extra disc and the low price got me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks