What's new

The Trial (Orson Welles) on 3rd of May (1 Viewer)

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
This is the UK port of the superb French release from Studio Canal, which features a great anamoprhic transfer that looks clearly better than the Region 1 edition. The French 2 disc set also includes a scene cut from the film (albeit without sound), a slightly altered 1984 cut of the film which omits the pinscreen opening, and a talking heads documentary on Kafka.

I posted a brief comparison of the Region 1 Milestone disc and the Studio Canal edition here and a look at the deleted scene, with dialogue from the continuity script here, for anyone interested.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Wow - the French transfer is beautiful; the contrast balance is miles better than the other two editions.

Is the British release going to be identical to the French release? I sure hope so.

Thanks a lot, Jeff! :emoji_thumbsup:

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That is more than a little interesting :emoji_thumbsup:

BTW Jeff, love your site which I just stumbled across when I was looking for the Welles memo on Touch of Evil (not included with the R2 release). Excellent.

---
So many films, so little time...

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting; too bad they aren't including at least the deleted scene. In any event, the French release is still out there. And thanks for the kind words about my site, John!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.