What's new

The Time Machine, H.G. Wells' how's the DVD? (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
According to the Big Picture DVD Review site...it's great in both fields.

They confused it with a Lowry Digital Images restoration, so it has to be good.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Though I don't have all of the Hi-Tech equipment you guys have, I was nevertheless impressed with the movie's quality considering the price! Why Warner couldn't have done as well with other early releases?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
It's such a great movie that the wonderful job Warner did on it makes it all the more special.

Buy it now!

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I have no complaints about the picture and sound quality. Also contains a really good and unusual documentary with Rod Taylor in great form - good to see him again.

Jeremy Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I agree. I picked that baby up as soon as it was released and the picture is really nice. And, for once, the trailer is also restored! Great sound, and some nice extras. I wish Warner would put more of their back catalog out in this shape!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Decent... way too high in the contrast and far too bright, but hey, that's the way it was made!:)
Seriously though, a great disc over all.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I rented this via Netflix a month or so ago. I was pleased with the disc, and even more so with the movie!
:emoji_thumbsup:

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I checked this out from the Omaha public library, and it was great. I had seen it years ago on cable when I was sick in high-school. I never really remember all of those movies. The picture and sound were great, and the movie was as good as I remembered.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Be aware that there is NOT an isolated music track, even though it is listed on the packaging. Nevertheless, both the audio and video are stellar, and it's definitely worth getting.... especially if you love the film (like me!).

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Brought this disc to the local AV shop to demo it on the Sharp 9000 DLP projector.

The image was as detailed, crisp, and clear as real film.

Amazing transfer.

-dave

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Actually just picked it up today, $14.99!!
Excellent pic. overall, I just needed to bump my color a couple of notches as the print seens just a TAD faded ... Definitely get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks