What's new

The Thing for Xbox finished 9/01!!!? (1 Viewer)

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Just popped this into my DVD player on the PC, VOB and other files dated 9/12/01!?

Is it me or does that mean the code was completed then? Why wait for a year to release the game if the code was already done?

FYI, I'm very much enjoying the game (more than I would have thought it being 480i and all). This has to be the best 480i game I've ever seen. Fills my 16:9 set very nicely with no noticeable jaggies or overly stretched images.

Game play is fun and I'd give it overall a 8.5 outta 10 rating.

Troy

James Zos

Supporting Actor
The Thing is a great game. I do think they overdid it on the gore just a little bit ... too much gore tends to have a dulling effect, rather than heightening the atmosphere. If you see a mangled body every two minutes, it just becomes another mangled body ... better to keep the shock effect stuff in smaller doses.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
You do realize that 9/01/01 is before the XBOX was eve released so I'm sure the game wasn't finalized by then.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
You do realize that 9/01/01 is before the XBOX was eve released so I'm sure the game wasn't finalized by then.
Doh! :b
It was late, I had just finished playing The Thing, what was I thinking? :)
Why'd they date the files like that then? Hmmm. Anyway.
Troy

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
It could have been something as simple as a machine with the wrong year set :)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
That IS strange.. hmm, but maybe briansright :p)

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
As far as I know, the VOB files belong to the video that plays when you put it in a DVD player (XBOX logo and text saying that it is an XBOX game. Please insert into XBOX. Or something like that). The actual XBOX game files are not visible (hacked DVD format).

So these files probably were done before the XBOX was released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks