What's new

Pre-Order The Thing (1982) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71toG3to9FS._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So, of course, Amazon isn’t shipping this out today.

Might have to cancel my order and buy and pick it up from Best Buy.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I ordered my copy from Gruv (Universal's online store) a few weeks ago and it's out for delivery today. Woo-hoo!

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
I cancelled my Amazon order and ordered a copy for in-store pick-up at Best Buy at the same price. The local Best Buy only received two copies of the regular edition and 3 copies of the Steelbook, though, so it looks like this is another title impacted by supply chain bottlenecks.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I cancelled my Amazon order and ordered a copy for in-store pick-up at Best Buy at the same price. The local Best Buy only received two copies of the regular edition and 3 copies of the Steelbook, though, so it looks like this is another title impacted by supply chain bottlenecks.

Kyle, same circumstance here.

Tried to get the Steelbook but it’s not available locally. I would have to travel 35 minutes to get it as opposed to 8. And I had a $5 BB coupon which would have made it an easier buying decision. So, I am getting ready to take a drive to my Best Buy.

I would have had the Steelbook shipped (as Best Buy is next day delivery) but neither copy was available for shipping.

I am really disgusted with Amazon. This is not the first nor last time they just don’t have product on release date.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I ordered my copy from Gruv (Universal's online store) a few weeks ago and it's out for delivery today. Woo-hoo!
So is mine. Where is Gruv located? I ask because when it was shipped, the email said “dispatched”.
I did the same here at $17.19 and mine is out for delivery.

I did the same thing too with Universal Classic Monsters at $47.29 tax included, Carlito's Way and Inglourious Basterds at $17.19 each like "The Thing".

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Amazon is pathetic. They don't even have an estimated delivery date for me. The listing for this item doesn't either. Whenever I can, I've been ordering from other sources. It's just less frustrating.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Stopped by a Best Buy this morning that stated it had a single steelbook on premises. Spent 10 minutes looking for it myself. Went to customer service. Rep checked the inventory, then spent another 10 minutes herself looking for single copy. No joy.

Best Buy is the warmest place to hide.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Stopped by a Best Buy this morning that stated it had a single steelbook on premises. Spent 10 minutes looking for it myself. Went to customer service. Rep checked the inventory, then spent another 10 minutes herself looking for single copy. No joy.

That sucks. Did you walk out with the standard Blu-ray?

I didn’t even check to see if there was a Steelbook available in the store as the website inventory said there wasn’t and for some reason — I trusted it.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I did not see any standard copies on any of the shelves, either. I didn't ask them to find a regular copy, figuring I could do that in the months to come. I watched The Thing last year during my Halloween viewing binge, so it isn't a big deal in 2021. While this film is undoubtedly a stone cold classic of horror, I try to space out my favorites. I won't watch it for another year or two. Still, pretty frustrating.

JC Riesenbeck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
I cancelled my "we'll inform you when we have a delivery date" 4k Star Trek and 4k The Thing at Amazon. Ordered at Best Buy and they are ready for pick up. Amazon is becoming totally useless on pre-orders. Maybe if they get enough cancellations they'll get on the ball....ahh...no they won't.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm not sure BB's online inventory is that accurate. I went into a store that supposedly had a copy of a disc I was looking for, but it was nowhere to be found.

I would only use Amazon as a last resort for discs these days. Ordering directly from the distributor or another retailer seems to get better results.

JC Riesenbeck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
I'm not sure BB's online inventory is that accurate. I went into a store that supposedly had a copy of a disc I was looking for, but it was nowhere to be found.

I would only use Amazon as a last resort for discs these days. Ordering directly from the distributor or another retailer seems to get better results.
I've already received the email confirmation that my order was ready for pick-up. Thinking of cancelling Amazon Prime Delivery because it just seems like the bigger they've become the less interested they are in customer service.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I'll be interested to know if the 4K is based on the Arrow master from a couple years ago, or is a fresh film scan.

I know I was an outlier in this opinion (and got shouted down for it pretty vociferously by Arrow fanboys), but I was dissapointed in the Arrow Blu-ray. I felt it was overly soft and had very flat contrast and elevated black levels. I preferred the Shout! Factory transfer, even though it was only a 2K master.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll be interested to know if the 4K is based on the Arrow master from a couple years ago, or is a fresh film scan.

I know I was an outlier in this opinion (and got shouted down for it pretty vociferously by Arrow fanboys), but I was dissapointed in the Arrow Blu-ray. I felt it was overly soft and had very flat contrast and elevated black levels. I preferred the Shout! Factory transfer, even though it was only a 2K master.
An honest question why would Arrow allow Universal to release it onto 4K disc as well as digitally?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Quantity:1 is BestBuy’s internal status for “out of stock”. I’ve encountered this a couple times. (When I asked for help from an employee trying to find the supposedlly single Roku in stock, they explained that the stocking system is not good and if there’s just one in stock, there’s probably none in stock.)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Probably figure they can't get you to come into the store if they show zero. ;)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs

I don't have the disc yet, but the 4K iTunes file looks nothing like the Arrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks