What's new

The SuperMINN Home Theater Forum Meet in Minneapolis/St. Paul Area (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
This message goes out to all you people from Minnesota.
From August 17 to the 23rd, the Plaza Maplewood Theater in Maplewood, MN will be showing screenings of the expanded director's cut of Superman: The Movie. The film has been completely restored and enhanced with a new digital soundtrack.
In honor of this exciting event, I have decided to organize a local HTF meet for those who would like to attend a screening. At this point, I'm looking at attending a screening on either the 17th (a Friday) or the 19th (Sunday). I have family obligations on the 18th so that is not an option for me. I was thinking we could all meet at a nearby restaurant and have a get-acquainted lunch or dinner and go to the movie after that.
At this point, I just want to find out how many people are interested in attending. If you are, please reply to this thread. I look forward to hearing from you all--and hopefully meeting you as well!
I really hope that many of you can attend. I think it would really be fun to meet some of the faces on the other end of the modem. From what I've read, the local area meets are always a lot of fun and very interesting. So sign up today! :)
------------------
-J.Fo
"Can I finish? Please! Can I finish? Okay, I'm finished."

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Jeff, thanks for emailing me. This sounds pretty darn cool. I think any of those days should work for me, so whatever works for you guys really. Any good places to eat around there?
Would it be Friday a night showing and Sunday a matinee? If so, those would work fine. I guess if you pinched me, I'd take the Friday night showing and probably bring my special lady (if that's ok).

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Ryan;
No prob. I'm glad to hear you're interested.
As for restaurants... I haven't a clue. I live in Chaska, which is on the other side of the Twin Cities. Needless to say, I don't get out to Maplewood often. I'll see if I can't find something interesting.
And yes, you can bring your lady friend! She just has to bring a date for me, too.
wink.gif

------------------
-J.Fo
Live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Area? Wanna meet local HTF mebers? Click Here!

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'm real interested. I live in Red Wing but that's not so far - I'm in the Twin Cities every week and I used to commute there every day. Maplewood is easy to get to from here although I have no clue where the Plaza Maplewood is. I prefer a Sunday matinee.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Steve Uecker

Auditioning
Jeff, Sounds great! There are quite a few places near there to gather. Hopefully the link below will give you an idea. The theater is about 3 miles south of highway 36. You take the White Bear avenue exit, go south to Larpenteur avenue, go east 1 block on Larpenteur and voila! Talk to you soon!
Steve
http://mapquest.digitalcity.com/twincities/movies/venuenearby.dci?vid=3222&venuetypek ey=1
p.s. If the link doesn't work go to Mapquest.com and follow the twin cities theater links and then the nearby restaurants link.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Thanks for the link, Steve! I'll be sure to check that out.
I should probably say that I'm leaning more towards the Sunday matinee as well. I suspect more people will be able to come if it is on a weekend rather than Friday, when most of us will have to work. But like I said, we'll wait and see what works best for the most people.
As you can see, I've added a tag at the bottom of my sig so that more people can find out about this meet. I'd like to have as many members as possible join us, and I'm glad to see that interest is high for those who know about it.
------------------
-J.Fo
Live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Area? Wanna meet local HTF members? Click Here!

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I'm south of the Twin Cities by about an Hour so I'd prefer the Sunday option. But this sounds like a mighty fine Idea to me...
Brian

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Yes, it was indeed fun to meet all of you in person. Too bad the event couldn't have lasted a little longer though. It ended almost as soon as it began.
Hope we can do something like this again real soon.
------------------
-J.Fo
"And you can tell Rolling Stone magazine that my last words were... 'I'm on drugs!'"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks