What's new

"The Shield" Season 2 -- General Discussion for ALL Episodes (1 Viewer)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about the Shield here. I'm in complete agreement that its the best series on tv right now. Even better than both the Sopranos and 24 and I love both those programs. Perhaps the mods should change the title of this thread to a more general one than Shield Season 2 premiere.

Also does anyone know how many episodes there have been so far and how many are left? I lost count and am dreading the end of this current season.

dave_castilleja

Auditioning
Yeah, Walt Goggins was on a sports talk station in Dallas today and said there were five more episodes left, which I believe would make it 13. He said that tonight's episode would be great(which it was!) and that the ones they've finished shooting(I think the next three) will be even better!

I totally agree that we need an episodic thread for this show, especially given its win at the Golden Globes.

Looking forward to "Day One" next week!

Darren D

Stunt Coordinator
Another "what's that song query..."

What was that song playing at the end of tonight's episode?? Perfect for the mood!

It was great tonight. I honestly didn't know how they would manage what they did...

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
How about the previews for Day One? Mackey in a suit? :laugh:
There's a song called "(If I Ever) Leave This World Alive" by Flogging Molly. I think that's it, Darren.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I wonder what's going on with FXNetwork and FXNetworks.com sites, I can't access either the whole day.
They have a great message board to confirm the song, I was also interested in the one at the end of EP7/beggining of EP8 when Vic found burned Ronnie.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
I just bought the S1 set and started watching first runs...Im completly freaking hooked!

Ive never seen a show where I root for and hate characters for all the wrong reasons!

I absolutly hate the Capitan even though he's generally an honest family man, albeit a little politically motivated.

I would like a little more character development on the 'other two' Strike Team Members. Its mostly Vic and Shane. (however Ive yet to watch the final 5 from S1 and the firts 5 from S2)

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
What an amazing show.... thats all I can say...

I have a tivo, but this is the first show in 3 years that I plan my week around.

-- Matt

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Has anyone heard how season 2 is doing rating wise and if they are still having trouble finding advertisers? Also is there anyword on a season 3?

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Yes, many advertisers pulled their support off season 2 recently, freaking wussies.
No word on season 3, only 5 episodes left so far.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I never understood advertisers being nervous about running ads on shows with mature subject matter even if they get good ratings. I suppose some very uptight people might be offended but in reality how many people would be so offended that they wouldn't buy a product that was advertised on said program?

Even if there are advertiser problems FX would be a fool to lose this show since they can still promote the rest of their lineup with it. I really hope it stays on FX though, if it goes to showtime like was rumored I can't picture shelling out money for that since I don't even get HBO right now.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
I paid attention to their sponsers last night and it seemed that (even though I cant remember them by name now) they had decent advertisers and name brands.

- Matt

And FX, do they have to promote the Pentagon Papers at every break?

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I think he is talking about a TV movie a FX has coming out based on that infamous LA Bankrobbery where the LA police were outgunned by the assailants.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
44 minutes sounds awsome. The preview is a black screen, with white type scrolling across the screen and you hear the events taking place via what sounds like a police frequancy. Sounds very cool...

Did anybody catch this weeks episode......????? I liked........

I heard a rumor that one of the main characters is going to be killed in the show by episode 13. If the rumor is true who do you guys think it will be....????

I think it will be cch pounders character. She is getting too close to vic, and vic's family...not good for her.......

Anybody else have a theary on who might get offed at the end of the season!~~

R~

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I think he is talking about a TV movie a FX has coming out based on that infamous LA Bankrobbery where the LA police were outgunned by the assailants.
Ah, no wonder - I watched my TiVo'd ep and skipped through the commercials, naturally.

Was that where the guys had M16s and kevlar? That should be really interesting, I remember seeing those videos on the Fox specials.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
The idea of a cop show which seems to promote police brutality as a necessary evil is somewhat unsettling to me. However a couple of weeks ago, I just kind of bumped into this one and left it on. 10 minutes later, I was hooked. The hype is real, this is one hell of a show!

I am certainly renting Season 1.

--
Holadem

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks