What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

International The Sheltering Sky Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anthony
Though I seem to be in a minority of people who love this film, someone out there might be interested to know that there is an excellent special edition of THE SHELTERING SKY available on French R2. The print is much better than that on R1 or the UK R2, anamorphic and with a DTS soundtrack.

In addition there is a commentary track by Bertolucci and

producer Jeremy Thomas and (at last) the 50 minute on-location documentary that was made for the film's release, but which has been little-seen since. The picture quality of this is a bit rough but not so rough it'll spoil your enjoyment. The best news is that it's completely English

friendly, with only the main menus in French. There are

no forced subtitles. To round it all off, it comes in a laminated gatefold package, in a nicely-designed slipcase.

I got mine from Amazon France but you may be able to get it cheaper elsewhere.

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this is old news.

Talking of Bertolucci, does anyone know if there are any plans for a LAST TANGO IN PARIS special edition ?

This is such a landmark film, it seems odd that we only have

it on a bare-bones disc.

Rob Halcro

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob Halcro
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there were more than one versions of the Sheltering Sky? I ask, as when I saw the film when it came out I remember it being much longer with more time give to Debra Winger's seduction her tatooing for instance or have I dreamt this?!!!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
There's only one that I know of. (And that R2 DVD is being ported over to RB Blu this month.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks