What's new

The Seven Ups-dvd anytime soon? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
Has anyone heard of any plans to release this great action movie? It has the same look and feel of the French Connection and some of the same cast along with a great car chase scene. Thanks for any info.

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
I remember watching them film parts of "seven ups" in my neighborhood. The other movie I seem to lump together with 7ups is "Cops and Robbers" I'd love to see both released

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
The Seven Ups has always stood out in my mind for its car chase, there are probably a few who are not aware of the movie and that sequence. I managed to pick up a laserdisc copy on ebay but it is in full frame only, so I doubt it has ever been released in its OAR, which, on viewing it a number of times appears to be 1.85 as it does not looked excessively cropped.Anyone want to confirm that hunch? What a thrill watching that full size Pontiac ( I believe it is a Bonneville ) the 'bad guys' use as their driver and getaway vehicle,talk about a heavy car! I wonder if it had a 455 in it? I also got a kick out of the Pontiac Ventura Roy Schieder drove (350 no doubt). They made it sound like a 'real' muscle car with that great sounding engine/exhaust. A bit of Bullitt (Phillip D'Antoni produced Bullitt and The French Connection) is evident and the guy driving the Pontiac (Bill Hickman) also drove the '68 Charger in Bullitt, so it is no wonder there are similarities in all three films. It mentions on the back cover of the laserdisc that it was shot over a period of 12 weeks. I keep forgetting it was made in 1973,and since it is owned (still, I assume) by 20th Century Fox, perhaps we will see it released some day.

" The only hand they will give you is when they lower the box "

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks