What's new

The Rocket RS 750 Signature Speakers Are Here!!!!... (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
No but they took away my choice to go in and enjoy myself.

By the way, our beloved Stereo components are cheering me on b/c smoke and its ingredients effects and gets on and in everything, turns your walls black, cloggs up circuitry, gets in your clothes...everything. Lets face it, its just a disgusting habit. I do agree someone should be able to do it if they want, but not inside any business' open to the public where there are other people who don't want it in the air, b/c those other people have a right to breath the air free of that and should not have to lose their choice to enter b/c of that.

People are also allowed to own smoke bombs too, what if that catches on as a habit. Should we have the right to start lighting them off in bars and restaurants too? Makes about as much sense....

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Kevin - I really got it. You don't think it is the business owner's right to set policy for his own establishment. I am sure a lot of people agree with you.

The new standard for a business: If group "A" does not like what group "B" is doing, and group "A" can get the votes... we can ban group "B" ...

And Mr. Businessman, if you don't like our rules for your business, tough.

Yep, That is the America I know and love...

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit

Only if it's a reasonable request.

I think requesting people don't fill the air you are trying to breath with toxic smoke more than fits that bill.

And we wouldn't be banning group B, just that particular action. Groupd B would still have the choice to simply step outside to perform the action and than come back in when they are done.

I kinda like my smoke bomb example. I'd love to go into a smoking bar with some pretty colored smoke balls, sit down in my seat and "light up"...when the smoker next to me asks me what the heck I am doing, I will simply say "smoking, same as you...whats the problem...??"

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Curtis, According to what you guys are saying, smokers DO have a choice. Stay home.

You don't think the free market will support a non smoking bar on its own. If having a smoke free bar is so compelling to the majority of people, then a SMART business owner would do just what you seek: Open a smoke free bar. According to you guys, it should be packed.

That is how the FREE enterprise system is supposed to work.

Joe Smith opens a smoke-free bar on the left hand side of the street.

Jim Smith opens a smoking bar on the right hand side of the street.

Kevin and Curtis get to choose which one to enter.

Only in your world, Jim Smith will be shut down. Fined. Banned.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
OK...maybe I am missing something. These bars do not allow you to go outside to have a smoke, and then re-enter?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
here...at least the bars in my area down by the beach, a lot of the bars have patios where the smokers can smoke and mingle.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Curtis, You just described about 1/3 of the nights here...

By the way, there WAS one major exemption with the New York ban... Upscale Cigar Bars.

MY rights were not affected in any way here.

I also loathe the smell of cigarette smoke.

I just have a hard time buying into this ban ...

KylePete

Stunt Coordinator
A lot of the smokers I know go out to the bars to smoke because they aren't allowed to smoke in their own houses......go figure.

How does all of this talk about a smoking ban relate to the Rocket 750s? I believe Frank is the owner of this thread and has the right to get it back on track whenever he completes his review. :)

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
Well thats too bad for the smoker's than! It's their habit,their responsibility. They made the choice to smoke. If they do it where nonsmokers are than nonsmokers don't have a choice (well they do actually, its suffer or leave...gee thats a real fair system!) All I am saying if they are going to do it, it should be done in a courteous fashion thats all.

I like to like listen to music loud too, would I bring a boom box on a bus and blast it in everyones ear, or should I bring a walkman and put headphones on so as not to affect everyone else?? Atleast if I did blast it outloud the people couldnt get cancer from it :)

The bottom line is smoking is an action the affects everyone around the smoker, not just the smoker, otherwise it wouldnt be a problem. This is the way it is with any actions you perform. This is basic common courtesy. You want to smoke, fine go outside!, period.

Yeah SORRY FRANK!, just one of those snowballs that gets rolling and you can't seem to stop it.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Kevin, I understood your position 10 posts ago. I just want to make sure...

In the example I used:

Joe Smith owns a bar that is non smoking, because that is his business model and preference.

Jim Smith owns a bar that allows smoking, because that is his business model and preference.

You want to ban Jim Smith from doing business, right ?

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
Craig, I do understand your free market arguments but as was pointed out before, it doesnt always work out on its own, and it didn't work with smoking. Nonsmokers were essentially stripped of their right to go out and breath the air. I was one of them. Now i can go out again, and its great!

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
And no I don't want to ban Jim Smith or Craig Chase from doing business. You seem to have an all or nothing view. Jim Smith can certainly continue to run his business, we are just not letting people perform a certain action in it anymore.

The problem is there were no joe Smith bars...Again, the free market system didn't work for the nonsmokers and they were essentially stripped of their rights to go out without breathing toxic air.

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
I can agree that there are better answers than an all out bottom line ban, like designated smoke areas etc etc,especially so the people don't have to go outside, say in the dead of winter, everytime they want to smoke. There does need to be a compromise reached and many places have already done that with these designated areas. Works perfect IMO...

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Kevin... Three are many bars that spent tens of thousands of dollars in order to keep everyone happy. Three clubs that I belong to have fantastic systems built in that eliminate smoke.

Several other bars that I go to have seperate rooms and/or a very competent smoke removers. You can see smoke immediately removed from the air, and they all also have seperate non smoking areas.

I live in Pennsylvania, where all this has been done via the free enterprise system.

My view is that business owners are better equipped to take care of clients/customers than some government worker.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Kevin - That is quite a jump from the "they can stay in their house" ... well done.

and Kevin, as a free enterprise guy... we could start a business selling smoke eaters... :emoji_thumbsup:

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Frank - When you get done writing your manifesto, Kevin and I are starting a new business, and will be meeting for a cigar to talk about our plan.

Now... where the HELL is that review ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks