What's new

The Real World - Chicago (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll bet I was the only here that watched the season opener for The Real World - Chicago, which was shot in the summer months so that they would get some decent warm weather shots of Chicago because it would be not such fun during the winter months.

The new cast:

Aneesa - a bisexual/lesbian female of African descent from Philadelphia who doesn't have a problem going around the house in the nude. Her roommate Theo finds her very sexy.

Theo - a horny male of African descent from Riverside, California (he's not too keen on male homosexuals). He rooms with Aneesa and really want to hook up with her, but she's having nothing of it, though she regrettably showered with him in the "communal" showers of the house.

Kyle - a recent Princeton grad who is from the Chicago area, and has the hots for Keri. He does look like he came out the 1940's with chiseled clean-cut looks.

Keri - a southern lass from New Orleans with very kissable lips and has the hots for Kyle.

Cara - a girl who is always in a relationship, broke up with her last boyfriend to come to Chicago. Seems grounded, but might be a little flaky/creative.

Chris - an artist from Brockton, Massachusetts who's also hesitant in "coming up" initially with the roommate about his homosexuality because he didn't want to be labelled "the gay guy", but he has seemed to bond with Aneesa who came out almost immediately while all of the roommate where in the hot tub introducing themselves. He's also a recovering alcoholic.

Tonya - a small town girl from Walla Walla, Washington who is head over hells in love with her boyfriend, is a nurse in training, and it's alluded that she leaves the house early because she can't handle the diversity of the roommates (has little experience being around African Americans), and probably becomes love-sick. She has a nice rack, though.

From the preview clips for the rest of the season, there's probably quite a few explosive moments in the house.

What's really funny is how MTV is really trying to spice up the sex angle with plenty of spots for nudity (fuzzed out), and get this, their jobs for the summer is to be life guards! The Real World Meets Baywatch - In Chicago.

One more thing: I got tired of the extensive use of the crane-camera outside the building for their house.

After an hour so far, I don't really think much of the cast for this season.

bill lopez

Second Unit
Last REAL WORLD N.Y. could have been the best because of Sept. 11. But they were filming Chicago at the time. One thing that I noticed is they got rid of the "good virgin girl" this time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That's probably because they wanted to sex up the show. It gets pretty dull watching a chaste and virtuous roommate. :)

Darren H

Second Unit
I've decided that I must be old because I completely lost interest in the Real World midway through the New Orleans season (although the gorgeous blonde -- the girl who fell for the local med student -- kept me hooked for the last few episodes).

bill lopez

Second Unit
That N.O. babe had to be the best looking of all-time REAL WORLDS! But the "Virgin good girl" would always change somewhat, sort of give in to sin. And it was intresting watching that.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, folks. If there's a title that has absolutely nothing to do with the show, it's The Real World.

bill lopez

Second Unit
It's intersting to watch how young people with different views don't get along. And it's not about race because in the N.Y. show the black chick didn't get along with the black dude because of his views.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
John, I agree with you. Seriously, I don't understand why they call it "The Real World". There's nothing real about this show.

Same goes for "reality TV" programs like "Survivor", they're NOT about reality anymore than "The price is right" is. I think the Swedish term ("Survivor" originated in Sweden) better: "docu-soaps", it pretty much sums up what they're about (I love "Survivor" by the way).

/Mike

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
If that type of entertainment floats your boat, hey, by all means enjoy it. However in my opinion, the show is MTV's version of the Jerry Springer Show.

ryan_m

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, ya gotta have the virgin girl. As long as she comes out of her shell and starts drinking and doing stuff her strict parents wouldn't want her to do, it's fun to watch. They are definitely trying to sex up the show this season, looks like they got the right people for that.

She has a nice rack, though.
Speaking of racks, I sure miss Coral from last season. Jesus Christ! ha

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Anybody know who the "secret band singer" is that one of the chicks sleeps with? They bleep out the bands name and blur out the guys face... man, this chick will sleep with ANYONE! (can't remember her name)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I beginning to think it's plain stupid to bring people with romantic attachments into the house because it's getting boring watching "how pure and chaste" some of these people are trying to be while having so much temptation in their face. Either shit or get off the pot!
(Yes, I'm referring to Tonya and her Walla Walla man, and Kyle's wacked out relationship with Keri while trying to remain pure to his girlfriend of 2.5 years). They need to be playas like Theo and Cara. :)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
How ironic that Kyle says his back home relationship is "storybook". When he was on the phone with his girlfriend it sounded like any bunk relationship I've ever seen... then again maybe it's "storybook" for him.

Tonya's comments when she was back home had me rolling. She was saying how her roommates had issues and they had no direction. This is from a girl who ran home and couldn't pull her suitcase up the stairs without screaming like a baby.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Although Tonya has a great body and so-so face, I just hate her so much. She says she's a "people person" but I have yet to see her as such. She gives one story and is something else completely different. Not just that, she's so insecure, thinking that having a relationship with a man makes her whole and well-adjusted. Whatever...that basically shows me she's so insecure with herself that she can't go out and experience the world beyond her comfort zone. At least Cara had the balls to dump her boyfriend before coming onto the show. Cara, who is always without a boyfriend, is trying to step away from her comfort zone. That to me shows confidence. Plus, Cara is open-minded and loving and caring, while Tonya just fakes loving and caring and basically has an opinion about everyone including ethnical issues. "People person" my arse.
I do like the rest of the cast (w/o Tonya's whining and insecurity) and I hope we'll see more of everyone's persepectives.
Now, "Battle of the Seasons" is a different story...that is truly getting my full attention over RW: Chicago right now. Wow, talk about backstab galore...never seen so many knives thrown all over the place. Woo-hoo! Can't wait to see more of what happens. And they have many of my fave cast members too. :)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Well-
No one has posted in this thread in a long time,
and I really hadn't planned on watching The
Real World
, but it caught my attention today:
Chris allowed Kurt to spend the night, and
when one is channel surfing and catches two
hot, hunkly, "tall, tan, handsome" men getting
some lovin' I'm gonna watch!
Now I have to try to catch earlier episodes.
I have to say the homophobes, Tonya and
Theo come off looking really bad.
Like somehow it is femminine for a guy to give flowers.
Um, guys give flowers to whom they are attracted, male
or female.
Also, guys get flowers from the people they date,
regardless of gender. I have gotten flowers from
both men and women I have dated. (The women
just before I was out of the closet.) :D
Mark

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Besides the petty stuff, this season is lacking some true dramatic tension, or events. But Aneesa's stupid "girlfriend" who brought over her "girlfriend" was simply a really stupid stunt on her part.

They need to cast people who aren't attached (having significant others) because it really shoots down the possibility of them hooking up with each other and being more flirtatious. It's pretty boring to watch Kyle get Karrie all worked up and then gets all rigid with his "I gotta stay true to my girlfriend" routine.

Cara is a sexual trainwreck, so she's fun to watch.

It is funny/sad to watch Theo use his upbringing to justify his outspokeness and treatment of the gays in the house. And to watch Tonya's reaction to Theo's ethnicity borders on amazing (as in how far in the boon docks does she live in Washington state?)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I always wonder what people like
Tonya are thinking when they audition
for the very gay accepting and partially
gay-produced The Real World:
"Hmmmm, I don't like gay people,
so I think I'll go live with at least one gay person,
possible more, for several months, and show my ignorace
to the whole world..."
I know if I was going to look like an ass,
I wouldn't ask that it be broadcast.
Ah, well. Maybe I do broadcast my ignorance. :D
Mark

Dave Gates

Agent
It is funny/sad to watch Theo use his upbringing to justify his outspokeness and treatment of the gays in the house.
It is not only sad, but totally hypocritical. IMO Theo selectivly uses his "religious" upbrining as a basis for his actions and opinions.
It's OK for him to be sexually active (before marraige) and bring home a house full of chicks at 4am. It's OK for Aneesa to be bi/gay because two chicks together are sexy. But it's a SIN for a man to be attracted to another man. Bull &%#@!
If Theo was truly "raised in the church" he would be the house virgin, and would have to be on the phone to his Dad every day. Not only when he is faced with a decision about attending a Human Rights dinner, but also when he would be faced with the decision to go to the bar, dance seductivly with a girl, get in the hot tub with the opposite sex, shower with Aneesa, etc.
This guy is such a hypocrite and totally homophobic, that it's sad. But I guess that is why he is on the show. I am just waiting for Theo to select a convenient time to pull the race card. That should be entertaining.
BTW I am not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that :) ) or overly religous, guys like Theo just piss me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks