What's new

The Queen's Jubilee (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Okay...I know that this one can get me into trouble...so please forgive me...but I know that I am not the only one...I thought that the Queen had passed away? Was this program, which we didn't watch, taped some time ago or what?

You have to understand, I don't watch the news but maybe twice a month in a very short period...current events can be spotty for me.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I thought that the Queen had passed away?
This was a celebration of the current Queen's 50 year jubilee. It was her mother who passed away a few months ago, and she was known as the Queen Mum.
Oh, and Chuck, your 'location' tag in your profile screws up the column formatting of the HTF, you may want to change it ;)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Thanks Brian for the tips on both things...

Just wondered how it could be the same queen...didn't think that it was, but hell these days you never know...could have been CGI?:b

AndyDL

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the show was very mediocre, IMO.
All the bands that were on were so old.. they didn't sound right.
Highlights of the show:
* Eric Clapton
* Sharon Osbourne hosting :crazy:

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't figure out some of the logic in the choice of bands. If it was to be a celebration of 50 years of music, then we should have had all types on. However, it seemed to lean heavily towards groups and artists of the 60s and early 70s. And what was Brian Wilson doing there? And why was he given such a long set? His voice could not these days be termed exactly brilliant, could it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks