What's new

"The Puppet Masters" (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

I just picked up this cool sci-fi flick for $6.99(!)
I'm very happy Disney issued "The Puppet Masters" in widescreen but it's the very definition of "bare bones", the film's trailer isn't even included but I guess for $6.99 I shouldn't complain too much eh?
The video and audio quality is better than you'd expect for such a cheap DVD, I'd recommend buying the disc...you really can't beat the price.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I love this film. I had no idea it was out on DVD yet: I'll have to pick up a copy!

Adam

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I went to see this in the theater when it was released in 94/95 because I was a big fan of Heinlein's book, there were about five people in the theater...sad.

Not a bad translation from the book considering that they took it away from the future setting it had originally, for instance the climactic scene on the helicopter in the movie took place on a flying car in the novel. Still not too bad for a "economically" budgeted film.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I ordered this one along with Captain Ron and Ernest Goes To Camp for $7.99 CDN each. You can't beat that!

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the answer, Emil. I've never read the book, but enjoyed the movie. For that price and 16x9, how can I say no? I can't.

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
This bad boy was and still is a guilty pleasure. Perfect for a cloudy drizzlely Saturday afternoon.
I came across it while perusing the "Special Value" section
at Best Buy, I snatched it up like it was the cure.
Sure, my greedy heart dropped a bit when I realized it didn't have a 5.1 track, but my "disappointment" lasted all of a nano second when I saw "WIDESCREEN - (2:35:1) Enhanced For 16x9 Televisions" and the big yellow
"$5.99" price sticker.
My joy came full circle after I watched it, the video transfer and pro-logic audio track are solid. Best of all the film hadn't lost it's appeal to me; it was the same fun sci-fi B flick that I enjoyed nine years ago. :emoji_thumbsup:
P.S.- Where on earth was I when this was released on dvd?.
Granted I wasn't looking for it, but I can't understand how it managed to fly under my radar for over a year. Oh well.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The price can't be beat, that's for sure (despite no 5.1). Nice transfer, too.

Adam

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
picked this up the day it was released....solid dvd. saw this when it first hit theaters and enjoyed it. it's a better x-files film than the actual x-files film!!!

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
I've been wanting to get this disk for a while now, but haven't had enough motivation to finally buy it. Can't complain about the price though.

The film is definitely a guilty pleasure.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Yep I agree I always liked this movie.

I definitely thought at first it was going to suck but since I first saw it I have probably rewatched this about 10 or 15 times (basically everytime I catch it on sattelite).

It can also be found in the Wal-Mart $5.88 bin and I have also seen it in the $4.99 section at K-Mart.

Definitely worth a pickup!

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks