What's new

Press Release The President's Guardian Comic Book Signing 2018 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TPG Announces the Debut of

The President’s Guardian Comic Book

Sacramento, California – TPG is proud to announce the debut of The President’s Guardian comic book, a new super hero comic by Jacob Rubinstein, illustrated by Beth Varni and the Executive Producer is Michael Lynch.

The President’s Guardian features a new female super hero, a female super villain, and a woman president, who is in desperate need of a guardian. Malia with her super powers is recruited to protect the first woman president from the evil Isabel, Malia’s long-lost neglected sister who also has super powers. Isabel is methodically murdering former presidents and is threatening to take over Congress. Can Malia save the President, Washington DC and the world from Isabel’s malicious path of destruction?

Available at Sacramento and Auburn area comic books stores, on eBay and by mail order, beginning May 5, 2018.

Review:

“How hard can protecting the president be for a solo superhero? It seems an easy gig—until her super-villain sister shows up! Malia finds herself working for Madame President at a crucial time when her long-lost evil twin, Isabel, decides to wreak havoc—first by emasculating the previous male chauvinist president, and then moving on to the current leader of the United States. Calling upon all the strength within her, Malia must strive to not only face the secrets of her own origin, but also to subdue her only sibling—with any force necessary!

The President’s Guardian is a fast-paced, action-packed comic that delivers a satisfying punch—and reflects some of today’s struggle of sexual equality and politics—in that order, while bringing to life a crusade of superhero proportions. What if America had a female president who needed protection from none other than a female superhero? While effectively addressing the feminist frustrations of today’s post-modern climate, The President’s Guardian is not just some metaphorical read of gender study, as it is every inch a fantastic tale of the fight for justice—doing any serious American comic fan proud!”

Jen Lang, writer/filmmaker

Los Angeles. California

Debut and book signing events:

World’s Best Comics

May 5th - 10-7pm

2608 Watt Ave

Sacramento, CA 95821

www.matsune.com

Dimple Records

May 6th - 1-3pm

2433 Arden Way

Sacramento, CA 95825

www.dimple.com

Comic Comix

June 2 – 1-3pm

230 Palm Ave, Auburn, California

www.facebook.com/Cosmic-Comix-669299546435964

Fandemic Tour

Comic Convention

June 22, 23, & 24 2018
Sacramento Convention Center
1400 J Street

Sacramento, CA 95814

Fri 3pm – 8pm, Sat 10am - 7pm, Sun 10am - 4pm

www.fandemictour.com

Chico Comic Con

Sunday, July 29 at 11 AM - 6 PM

2357 Fair St, Chico, California

www.facebook.com/ChicoComicCon

The President’s Guardian (TPG)

© Jacob Rubinstein and Michael Lynch. By Jacob Rubinstein, Illustrated by
Beth Varni, Editor and Executive Producer Michael Lynch, and Consultant Jen Lang.
ISBN: 978-0-9992980-0-8 - Printed in the U.S.A.
www.facebook.com/rubystone356 - [email protected]
All Rights Reserved

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hey Jacob. I’m well aware of your presence around here and congrats on the comic.

I only asked because this is the movie section Ron posted this to. I guess we don’t really have a place for a comic related item. Maybe After Hours.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Hey Jacob. I’m well aware of your presence around here and congrats on the comic.

I only asked because this is the movie section Ron posted this to. I guess we don’t really have a place for a comic related item. Maybe After Hours.

He decided to place it here..the plan is to spread the word and then be a movie down the road.
thanks for asking.

Jacob

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Guys,

Jacob has been a long-time member here.

He deserves a little exposure. That is why I posted it in the Movies forum.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause anyone

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Jacob -- first, congratulations on your work and having it published!

Second, maybe you can answer this.

The press release Ron posted says that "the Executive Producer is Michael Lynch." This is usually a job title I've heard associated with movies and television work, but this is a comic for now. For a comic book, what does the executive producer do? It's clear what you did as the writer and what Beth Varni did as your illustrator, but I'm genuinely curious about the role of the executive producer for a comic book.

Is he simply being mentioned in the press release because he will produce the movie when you do that later? Or did he have an active role in creating the comic? If so, what was it?

I don't read a lot of comics, so I wouldn't have any reason to know this and find it interesting.

Last edited:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The first thing I thought when reading that thread title was "why is news about Trump signing comic books in the movie section"? Then I read some of the thread and found out it was about a comic book by a forum member.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Jacob -- first, congratulations on your work and having it published!

Second, maybe you can answer this.

The press release Ron posted says that "the Executive Producer is Michael Lynch." This is usually a job title I've heard associated with movies and television work, but this is a comic for now. For a comic book, what does the executive producer do? It's clear what you did as the writer and what Beth Varni did as your illustrator, but I'm genuinely curious about the role of the executive producer for a comic book.

Is he simply being mentioned in the press release because he will produce the movie when you do that later? Or did he have an active role in creating the comic? If so, what was it?

I don't read a lot of comics, so I wouldn't have any reason to know this and find it interesting.
my uncle has written other books. .he helped me put this project together. he was that credit. thanks for asking.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
The first thing I thought when reading that thread title was "why is news about Trump signing comic books in the movie section"? Then I read some of the thread and found out it was about a comic book by a forum member.
Its not about trump at all. its alternate history with the other person. I wrote this before all that mess came about.

Jacob

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Anyone interested in winning a free copy of my first Comic Book?

I've been spending too much of my entertainment money on Blu-rays lately (surprise...not) to justify buying it at this time. But if you're giving them away, sure. I'd be happy to read the work of a fellow HTF member.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks