What's new

The Pirates of the Caribbean (1 Viewer)

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
The teaser is now available. Directed by Gore Verbinski, who just made the wonderful Ring remake. Starring; Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom and Jonathan Pryce. Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, so you know it will at least be slick.
The teaser doesn't show any actual footage, but I like the way they're setting it up. Looks like it could be fun. We haven't seen a good pirate movie in a long, long time.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Damn Nick...you beat me to it.

I wonder if they down at Disney are watching Cutthroat Island and saying ok...let's not do that, ok, dont do this...or see that, we wont be doing that.

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
I guess I'm one of those in the really tiny minority who really likes Cutthroat Island. The actors didn't take themselves seriously at all, looks like they had fun doing it, and taken in a lighthearted vein it can be just as fun a ride watching them, too.
Still, it'd be nice to see Geena Davis do something as good as her Long Kiss Goodnight role again; guess it won't be this new pirate flick though. At least it has Depp!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'm also in that tiny minority, I liked CI. I am looking very forward to PC. Being a Depp fan, I have high hopes it may be good. I'm also a huge fan of the ride, just road it last night in fact. Can't wait for a real trailer.
Peace Out~:D

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
There's something that seems wrong and contradictory about a Jerry Bruckheimer movie starring Johnny Depp.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Sounds promising.
BTW I too belong to the minority that liked Cuthroat Island.
Cees

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Another CI fan as well. I am really looking forward to this as I love a good Pirate flick!!

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Count me in as someone who thoroughly enjoyed Cutthroat Island as well. In fact, when I first saw the movie I loved it and recommended it to several people who enjoyed it as well.
It wasn't until later that I heard that it recieved bad word-of-mouth and tanked at the box office.
From what I can see here though, it looks like our growing "minority" is starting to look like a silent-majority.
I guess what they say is true - compliments are rarely communicated while complaints are dished out in abundance.
Moe.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Set in the Caribbean Sea in the 17th century, this is the story of a gentleman rogue of a pirate, Jack Sparrow (Depp), who teams up with the daughter (Knightley) of a governor (Pryce) to stop the evil plan of a ship of dangerous pirates (led by Rush) who are trying to reverse an ancient curse that leaves them stuck between life and death, with the light of the moon revealing their skeletons, like some kind of undead monsters...
So skeletons are in after all. :) He also says that IGN has more info (and Jeremy - IIR the name C - from IGN posts here sometimes, so maybe he will chime in). I haven't looked over there yet.

Blu

Screenwriter
I enjoyed Nate and Hayes and Cutthroat Island as pirate movies.
This one looks pretty good to me.
I look forward to it!

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I saw a trailer for this when I saw the 2 towers. This has been my favorite ride since I was a kid. So I will see the movie. Although I'm probably in the minority that is not a fan of Johnny Depp and that is the only drawback for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks