What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The father and daughter Millses – John and Hayley, that is – are co-starred for the third time in Richard Thorpe’s The Truth About Spring, a low-key, rather charming romantic adventure featuring a coming-of-age story amalgamated with a modern-day pirate adventure movie.

The Truth About Spring (1965)

Released: 31 Mar 1965
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 102 min

Director: Richard Thorpe
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Drama

Cast: Hayley Mills, John Mills, James MacArthur
Writer(s): James Lee Barrett, Henry De Vere Stacpoole

Plot: During the 1960s, a Caribbean sailor and his tomboy daughter search for buried treasure but run into unsavory characters and a cute lawyer who's after romance.

IMDB rating: 6.4
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
I had a great deal of fun doing the audio commentary for SPRING. We came close to Hayley Mills herself contributing; that didn't happen, but she's delighted this fondly-remembered romantic adventure is available in a quality format that her fans can enjoy. Hayley, by the way, is still very active as a performer, appearing on stage and in television productions.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had a great deal of fun doing the audio commentary for SPRING. We came close to Hayley Mills herself contributing; that didn't happen, but she's delighted this fondly-remembered romantic adventure is available in a quality format that her fans can enjoy. Hayley, by the way, is still very active as a performer, appearing on stage and in television productions.
And within the last couple of years had her stolen miniature Oscar for Pollyanna replaced with a full-sized one to her utter surprise and joy.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I never knew MacArthur and Hayley Mills did a film together. I met him once and he told me he had an affectionate reunion with her when he went to see her in The King and I. I thought they knew each other from when he did Swiss Family with her father. A favorite film from my childhood I also got to see John Mills in Separate Tables in London and Dorothy McGuire in Night of the Iguana on Broadway.

Last edited:

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
The charming chemistry of Hayley Mills and James MacArthur is one of the strong points of the film. I think you'll enjoy watching them together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks