What's new

The perils of online gaming. (1 Viewer)

millercv

Second Unit
That is precisely why XBox live will have quite an advantage when all is said and done - buddy lists. Currently on PS2 I meet up w/ my friends on my pc on AIM and say Ok I'm going to go into this chatroom and create a two player only game ... NOW!
All online games should have a password protect feature also :)

JoshF

Supporting Actor
That's a really poor analogy. You can't stay penned up in your house your whole life, but life sure as hell doesn't revolve around playering "Everquest".
Oh, cmon, that's not what I meant. I meant that just because there are idiots out there, that doesn't mean you have to completely give up on online gaming. Find the people who aren't idiots and move on. It's possible - I do it almost every night in SOCOM with some great guys from this very forum.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I meant that just because there are idiots out there, that doesn't mean you have to completely give up on online gaming.
Having a two year old daughter plus my web site, my time for myself is small enough as it is. I don't want to waste that time looking to avoid the copious amount of morons who are out there with egos the size of Manhattan who think they're so "kewl" with their "733t" speak et al.
I'm painting with a broad brush -- I know that! But this is exactly why if a game doesn't have a respectable single-player scenario, I won't even take it off the shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks