What's new

The Paradigm PS-1000 in my room... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
There is also the Behringer FeedBack Destroyer. Supposedly can be found for less than $140USD.
If you have access to some server space put the pictures there and post them in this thread so everybody can see. If not sent them to me in an email and I'll post them for you.
[email protected]

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, ill give u my shots soon. I must eat now, ill email you my photos. I took four pictures (front-right/left and back-right/left of my bedroom.

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
I took my picture. Check your emails Dustin :D
I wont be able to answer you soon until tomarrow afternoon cuz I must work tonight.
BTW, could the SVS PC+ or CS-Ultra a good choice for me for the upper bass punch as well as ultra powerfull low ends? What about the VTF-3... it seems to be very good too, I heard some good things about it. Maybe I should wait for a full SVS PCi or PC+ / HSU VTF-3. How much dB can I reach with these subs in my bedroom (in your opinion...)?
Thanks all :D Ill be there tomarrow during the afternoon...

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
http://dustin.bunnyhug.net/forum/BAC...ngpostion).jpg
http://dustin.bunnyhug.net/forum/BACK_right.jpg
http://dustin.bunnyhug.net/forum/FRONT_left.jpg
http://dustin.bunnyhug.net/forum/FRONT_right.jpg
Well these are his pictures.
My recommendation is that if you can set things up in your basement then do so. Your room is just too crowded. Have the same length and width dimensions also makes it pretty much impossible to fix. An EQ will help, but still a different room would be better.
If you can pull that chest of drawers out from the front left wall enough to get the sub right into the corner that will lower the frequency of your room mode down to high 30hz low 40hz range but it will still be there. You could even put the sub on top of that chest as close to the corner as possible if you wanted.
Any of those subs will easily have more output than the PS1000 and should have plenty of punch. Another two options would be the Adire Dharman (there is a dealer in Ontario now) or the Paradigm PW2200.

kevitra

Second Unit
Those Paradigms are so closed in I can hear them crying.

You really need a different room.

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
Uhhhh! I placed the sub in the front left corner and the 50 Hz room factor is there again! Maybe the sub is tuned near this frequency? No... impossible. Maybe its like SVS subs... when I saw some graphs, I saw that they are very strong near 31.5 Hz. Maybe its the same for me but at 50 Hz? Here are the results:
80Hz....112.5 dB
61.5Hz..114.5 dB
50Hz....118.5 dB
40Hz....114.5 dB
31.5Hz..103 dB
25Hz.... 96 dB
20Hz.....94 dB
The results above include the Radio Shack SPL meter compensation. I think that when we see those numbers, the curve is the same. Also, we can see that I have more SPL with my sub placed in a corner. At 40 Hz, that one the first time I saw that: my fan ratteled LOL! not vibrated... ratteled. I was like wow! But yeah, I could try all my setup in my basement, im sure that my Monitor 9 will be more happy there like someone said above :D
N.B.: As u can see in the pictures, I dont have a complete 5.1 system. I have all the speakers but I dont have all the wires! So soon, I dunno when, im gonna buy the wires to plug my Monitor3 and the CC-370.

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
Oh and I dont understand why my Monitor 9 are stronger than my PS-1000 below 40 Hz... approximately 3 dB louder than my sub :eek: !!! Because two 8 inches can produce deeper bass than one 10 inches?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks