What's new

The Painted Veil (2006)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: The Painted Veil (2006)

Tagline: Sometimes the greatest journey is the distance between two people.

Genre: Romance, Drama

Director: John Curran

Cast: Edward Norton, Naomi Watts, Liev Schreiber, Diana Rigg, Toby Jones, Anthony Wong, Juliet Howland, Ian Renwick, Bin Li, Zoe Telford, Marie-Laure Descoureaux, Lorraine Laurence, Maggie Steed, Feng Li, Yan Lü, Xia Yu, Catherine An, Bill Marcus, Maurice Herschtal, Shobauro Hiratsuka, John Cann

Release: 2006-01-01

Runtime: 125

Plot: A British medical doctor fights a cholera outbreak in a small Chinese village, while also being trapped at home in a loveless marriage to an unfaithful wife.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just watched this for the first time and the main reason I posted this is because of the score. It is so exceptionally good and magical that it is half the movie. Without the score the movie wouldn't be as good.

I realized right from the first few minutes, I'm completely transported thanks to the score to a great extend. Don't try to listen to the soundtrack separately out of curiosity, you have to hear it in the movie for the first time.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I have seen this film several times and agree that it is a very fine film.
the soundtrack is excellent.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I was working at Blockbuster when this came out and was watching everything, while I was aware of it and had planned on watching it I never got around to it.

Maybe I will this year.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It's the magic of Alexandre Desplat!
I feel like his earlier works were more special. I don't think any of his recent works has jumped at me. This score almost reminded me of John Barry.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks