What's new

The Orville - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
This is the second episode so far this season that relied on backstory from episodes of previous seasons. I feel like I need to go back and re-watch the show from the beginning. The elements are familiar, but I can't recall a lot of the details. For example, I remember the episode where Ed interacted with Telaya, but I didn't recall that they "did it".

There was no sex scene in that episode. However, being a couple, it's to be expected they would be intimate even though it was still part of a charade.

This episode was very soap opera-esque without becoming too "soapy." And the coincidence with the latest news was totally unexpected especially since this episode was shot some two years ago! Its only weakness was that I found the captain's dialogue a bit too Star Treky in that it was overflowing with hope and faith. Face it, Ed. Your ex is now out to get you!

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season turns out with this new twist. As for a fourth season, the pandemic did do a lot of damage, but we might still have the occasional movie special to continue the storyline for a while.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Another “meh” episode. So far, I’ve only liked one episode this season, however unlike any of the new Star Trek shows, I’ll still watch the episode because I actually connect with and care about most of the characters.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I'm now two weeks behind on Strange New Worlds and I really don't care anymore. However, I will watch Lower Decks when it comes back. It'll replace some the humour that was lost in The Orville, not that it was a bad thing.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Of all the episodes presented this season up to now, this one was possibly the most unexpected. Even better, while it did involve a family drama, it was far from gratuitous or overly "soapy." It honestly asked what does a person do when they discover they were heavily altered without a say in the matter and, most importantly, was imposed on them due to the cultural aspects of their species.

The episode also gave us some hilarious bits like Isaac mimicking Indiana Jones, and how far a specie's monthly dress code exemption must be respected or overruled.

Finally, a certain crewmember finally sings for us!

Overall, I was extremely happy with how this episode turned out! It was pretty much neck and neck with last week's episode!

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
This most recent episode...I just don't have words. Possibly...probably...the best episode of the series so far.

Well, maybe I have a few words...

The most impressive part is that even as I wanted to hate Klyden, I felt sorry for him at the same time. He's been dealing with his own personal horror for his entire life. And all things considered, it was rather understandable he acted the way he did, given his obvious self-loathing.

And sadly, the decision of the Union's Powers That Be, was understandable. At the same time, it felt like too many of the compromises we've sometimes had to make in the name of some Bigger Picture.

On a production note, I was impressed by how they integrated new footage with scenes from the first season episode "About a Girl". It looked like they'd re-shot everything.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I agree-great show.Just a pity that Seth McFarlane is a far better writer than he is an actor.
I think this is what has bugged me with the lack of humor so far this season. McFarlane‘s not a great actor but his dry joke delivery is funny and makes up for some of that. Playing the show entirely straight just doesn’t work very well for me. It just seems like a lesser TNG clone without it.

Glad to see the more of the humor back in this last episode, and a great followup to the “About a Girl” episode.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’m really glad I decided to stick around and watched the last episode. Cmdr Grayson threatening to rip off Klyden’s arm and mount it on her wall was sexy AF. 😂

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I hope this isn't the last we'll see of Klyden. There's still plenty of potential for a dramatic follow-up.

Normally, Moclan couples divorce by having one stab the other to death. Could we see an episode where we discover the children can legally force the issue on their own parents? Will Topa one day be compelled to stab one of her dads?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Normally, Moclan couples divorce by having one stab the other to death. Could we see an episode where we discover the children can legally force the issue on their own parents? Will Topa one day be compelled to stab one of her dads?
Sir, you appear to be extremely knowledgeable about Moclan social norms. I clearly have not been paying attention. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks