What's new

The Original Outer Limits on DVD (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'm happy that MGM is releasing the complete first season on DVD, but wonder why they just didn't release the whole series since there were only 17 episodes in season two (including my favorite episode, Demon With A Glass Hand).

Still, looking forward to it.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'll bet my bottom dollar that Season 2 will depend on how many $$$$$ that Season 1 makes. Releasing both seasons would have been too logical.:wink: :rolleyes:

Jack_F

Stunt Coordinator
I was just about to post a thread asking about this set.

I wasn't sure if the 9/3 release was in fact the complete first season. I didn't see "Complete First Season" anywhere on the cover art, and I feared that it was simply a combination of 32 episodes from the two seasons. The "best 32 of 49" as it were...

I'm glad everyone is convinced that this first release is in fact the complete first season.

Now, all we need is "The Twilight Zone" in complete season sets.

-Jack

Randy Schissler

Stunt Coordinator
Of course I am looking forward to the original series on DVD, but I think they will release the second season sometime later. It is probably a marketing decision, as I think they will release the second season along with a couple more "best of the new series" compilations.

--Randy Schissler

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Now, all we need is "The Twilight Zone" in complete season sets.
I was wondering about this. Considering that they own I Love Lucy these days, do you think Twilight Zone now falls under Paramount's umbrella as well?
I'd love the TNG treatment for TZ! Right now I only own the first two volumes, due to availability and price. I'm still completing my TOS collection, so TZ will have to wait.
But Outer Limits will be easy to pick up, season-style! :D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Get that Season Three TNG box, David. It's awesome. Never has the series looked this good! Damn, but I love DVD.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Umm..Jack, I'm watching Disc 4 right now of TNG S3! It's been an all-day marathon! :D
Read my Weekly Roundup in the HTF Coupons/Bargains area to see my highly-thought-of thoughts concerning this, the best of all 27 Star Trek seasons.
It is TWILIGHT ZONE I only have V1 and V2 of! That's why I want it (TZ) to get the same box set treatment as TNG!!
Clearer now?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'd pick up TZ in season sets. It's odd that Image Entertainment would release the show as random episodes on a disc, yet still release the entire series.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks