What's new

The origin of two pistol shooting (1 Viewer)

Actually, I think it was Lethal Weapon that popularized holding the gun sideways. Gibson did it because when he held the gun properly, periodically shell casings would hit his arm and burn him, he so held the gun sideways to eject the casings straight down to the ground.

earl_roberts

Stunt Coordinator
I always used to think Woo 'began' it but I it's a Leone thing carried over from earlier westerns. You can definately see some two gunned action in Once Upon A Time In America which was 2 years before A Better Tomorrow

EricW

Senior HTF Member
there may have been 2 gun shooting in movies before Woo, but Woo definitely made it popular to have both guns shooting in the same direction, rather than one at a time in different directions.

Tony Stark

Stunt Coordinator
Terry St. good find! That should solve the movie portion of the bet. Personally I was thinking of Butch Cassidy but you went all the way back to 1903.

Rino C

Agent

Like I've said, "When in Rome..." I do believe that Westerners who immigrate to Far East do follow local conventions. In fact, I believe that in Japan and Korea, to become a citizen one has to have to give up their name and get a "native" name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks