What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Old Hawaii Five - 0. (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Montytc

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Montavon
Hawaii Five-0 is one of my favorite shows from back in the day, and Jack Lord created an iconic character.
I will say that I think there is a lot of excellent TV today, it's just that very little of it is on the major networks.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The remake is a decent one hour popcorn fare in reruns.

I don't know if I would buy the complete series set on dvd (or bluray).

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
As you may be aware the DVD set (and syndication re-runs) excludes the forever banned S2 episode "Bored, She Hung Herself" that originally aired on January 7, 1970, after the sad copycat death.

I downloaded that episode when I was going through the whole series on DVD, recorded it on DVD-R, scanned a real season 2 DVD label, changed the wording on the label, printed the label on the DVD, put it in a single DVD case and printed a cover based on the season 2 DVD covers. So I have the complete Hawaii Five-0 set, with a seven-disc second season.
DISC 7-BORED LABEL2.jpg

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
[email protected] post: 4914938 said:
I have been watching the Old Hawaii Five-0.
Starting with season 1. And going to watch all 12 seasons.
I will watch two episodes a night. The real 5-0 was on when
TV was worth watching.
I went through the entire series starting ten years ago, but I limited the viewing to one hour/week. (Exception: Watched two-parters at one viewing.) I felt watching more than what was originally shown "diluted the experience." Took a little more than 5 years to watch the entire series.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I downloaded that episode when I was going through the whole series on DVD, recorded it on DVD-R, scanned a real season 2 DVD label, changed the wording on the label, printed the label on the DVD, put it in a single DVD case and printed a cover based on the season 2 DVD covers. So I have the complete Hawaii Five-0 set, with a seven-disc second season.
View attachment 80436

Remarkably creative-- now you have that banned episode to enjoy anytime you like!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Well, "enjoy" may be a strong word for what others have called a really bad episode. But it does satisfy the "completist" in me.

You're right-- I just said "enjoy" because I figured you'd want to have it to see anytime you like; still, that label is indeed very creative.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Bad or not, I wish they included it. It's well past its controversy date and I've never seen it. And I hate being one episode shy of the complete run.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I just bought a new tv & was looking at some of my old shoes to see how they look on an Oled. I hadn’t watched Five-O in a while but got absolutely engrossed. I’d love the full series on blu ray. The dvds are good quality though.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Bad or not, I wish they included it. It's well past its controversy date and I've never seen it. And I hate being one episode shy of the complete run.
They can never include it. The legal contracts that settled the issue forbid the episode from ever being seen again. There's just no way of getting around it.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I have a copy of the episode. It...ah...fell off a truck...yeah, let's go with that...

It's not a terrible episode, but it's not a particularly good one, either. The quality of my copy is such that it doesn't make for satisfying viewing either way. But, yeah, what Scott said. It's a completist thing (not that I have a complete run of the show on DVD, anyway, but at the time I downloaded this episode, it was one that I wanted a complete run of).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks