What's new

*** The Official Amazing Race 2 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Joel C

Screenwriter
How can Blake and Paige be villains? Wil and Tara obviously are, Wil is a snot already. She even called him evil, and they are so full of self love, saying the other teams will fall behind, ect.

I don't think the former roommates are funny at ALL. They are so fake with their humor, like the "Turtle=badump, badump" thing. How long did they rehearse that? I can't wait until they are eliminated.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
How can Blake and Paige be villains?
I think they are the ones that don't wake up the oversleeping Grannies next week and leave them there to get an edge. Blake whines too much. He should join Wil and let Tara and Paige form their own team.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I get an evil vibe from them. The begging thing today, along with the sneaking around on the bus caught my attention.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
When the granny with the bad wheels decided early on that she couldn't run fast enough for the hang-glider ordeal, there was a quick cut where you saw the other granny look into the camera and she mouth the word "F$#%!" I thought that was funny.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Actually, my favorite line was when Shoya or Dolan asked Gary if he had any volleyball experience and he answered "Baywatch!" The Granny line is definitely up there too!

Another funny Gary line was when they landed at the beach and the card told them to take the fastest transportation available and Gary asked "How about the hang gliders?"

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
I thought it was interesting that one member of the best friend pairs (don't remember which) ran up to the waterfall with Tara (Will's separated wife), and commented extensively about the raport that he was developing with Tara. I got the idea that he was looking to keep that separation permanent.

David Oliver

Second Unit
I have no problem with Blake and Paige, I agree that Wil and Tara are the a-holes out of all the groups, which means I hope they stick around for awhile. I also thought the former roommates were ok, I liked the "hang glider" line. But there is still a long way to go and I am still forming opinions about a lot of them.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
After spending "2 hours" with these teams, the only ones I want to see get the boot would be:

Cha Cha Cha (too damn smug)

Will and Tara (Will's a moron)

and maybe Blake and Paige (that whole incestuous vibe I get from them is too disturbing for me to watch).

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Man don't bring poor Tara down cause Wil is a moron. Tara seems extremely cool.. Wil must be a total idiot not to appreciate her.

Glad to see the Boston boy movin' in.

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
My wife and I were also getting that weird vibe from the rother and sister that they were a little too close. It made think of that episode of Friends.

I never watched last season but kinda wish I did the show is pretty entertaing and unpredictable. I thought for sure the Granny's would be gone.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I just watch last weeks episode last night... I guess the two roommates couldn't follow the twins after the twins won the fast forward?

Anybody venture what's the next continent they will go to after South America?

Jay

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Just trying to keep the thread alive. The Amazing Race has been a refreshing change of pace after Survivor because there isn't a team, yet, that I hate. Will is a bit high strung, but he seems like he might be cool if there wan't any stress involved. Unless they run into trouble, I think Will and Tara will be in the final three.

It's too bad that Survivor is moving back to Thursdays because I've enjoyed the one-two punch of Survivor and The Amazing Race.

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
I agree - I really liked Survivor and AR back to back.

I didn't see the first AR but the second one has been fun to watch. I'm at little worried that it will get a bit to repetitive though.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
It does get repetetive in the sense that they explain the rules in every episode. Other than that it holds my interest.

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt
Jay,

The Fast Forward allows you to pass the other required elements of that leg of the trip, the Detour and Road Block. If they had followed the twins to the Pit Stop they would have been disqualified for not completing the other tasks.

Kevin

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Kevin, but there would be an equal chance that the they could have easily lost the twins in the pursuit, then they would of been really screwed. I think the contestants should be awarded for any ingenuity (as long as it doesn't break any local laws) to get to the finish point. I would say that if anybody could somehow figure out the final stop in that episode's challenge without doing every single challenge, more power to them, they deserve it. There is almost no chance of a team finding the final stop by pure chance, especially when the final stop is in a whole different continent.

The grannies are gone!

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks