g) Claude van Damme
h) Hair for men
i) Nutrasweet
j) Fancy Feast

Dunder Mifflin sells:
a) Mufflers
b) Muffins
c) Mittens

DWIGT: Second Life is not a game. It is a multi-user virtual environment. It doesn't have points or scores, it doesn't have winners or losers.
JIM: Oh, it has losers.

MICHAEL: I just have a small problem.
RYAN: I told you not to call about small problems.
MICHAEL: Yeah, well, when I call about big problems you don't like that either, so make up your mind kiddo.

Kevin's Kool-Aid Man face!

MEREDITH: I'm excited about doing the ad, but I'm not really used to doing videos with so many people around.

I liked Darryl's jingles.

"Oh, D!" ("D" for Andy).

The "Real" Dunder Mifflin commercial (Michael Scott Director's Cut) was way better than the Corporate crap.

Michael offered to shoot the Corporate commercial on his dime if they didn't like his attempt, and at the end he bought a round of drinks for everyone in the bar. Guess he hasn't learned his money lessons from last week...

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

Beautiful. I finally find out that I'm not the only one who thinks the place sounds like a muffler shop.

The "real" commercial at the end just blew away the corporate version. It's a shame that "corporate" didn't even applaud the effort. How many of us were watching through our fingers in anticipation of something completely embarassing?

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I completely agree about the show working best at 40 min. (with commercials). Most of the deleted scenes on the dvd adds so much more to the storylines. I half expected to see Andy's nipples bleeding again while doing his running for the ad. The previews showed everyone cheering and Michael with a big smile on his face so I knew the video was going to be good.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

I was like, "Oh no, Michael did not just put Stanley in a prison jumpsuit for this ad?" and then busted out a laugh or two. Good stuff.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez

Second Life is not a game. It is a multi-user virtual environment. It doesn't have points or scores, it doesn't have winners or losers.

Oh, wait a minute... :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The ad was full of Michael's stereotypes, but if you notice, each time someone was showcased in Michael's ad that person was smiling in the cut-away to the bar. I liked his version a lot better, too. (And thought Daryll made a nice jingle too) The only part that was ridiculous was "limitless paper for a paperless world" which is poetic from the personal aspect but too associated with the "paperless office" that is killing Dunder Mifflin's business.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Finally got around to watching last week's episode and I thought it was pretty sub par. There were some good moments, but overall I just didn't think it was very funny. Also, I was hoping that the Dwight/Angela storyline had finally been put to rest in the last hour long episode, but apparently it's going to drag out all season. Ugh. :frowning:

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Tonight was pretty hilarious IMHO. I just absolutely lost it when Dwigt started peeing in the can.

Their bumbling infiltration of Utica had me on the floor!

"We will burn Utica to the ground!"

LOL

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think I mainly laughed at Dwigt spraying in the can and cutting his pecker on the lip of the can. Other than that, this episode was a bit flat to me, even with Whedon at the directorial helm. I just think the writing wasn't funny enough.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Along with being windows to the soul, we learn that eyes are also the groin of the head.

I like Karen, but I was quite amused when she got de-smugged by Jim.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
The best comedy on television continues to entertain.

Mindy Kaling, hilarious as Kelly, did some great writing in the first season. However, she also wrote my least favorite episode of Season 3 ("Diwali") ... I feel she occasionally emphasizes broader characterizations over smaller moments (though she writes both). I feel that she was giving us caricatures of these characters tonight: "wouldn't it be funny if [Dwight, Michael] went on a wacky trip?" Her episodes are very "extroverted".

I laughed out loud, as usual, but the more ridiculous the characters become, the less I "buy" them as characters, and (thus) the less funny it all is. It's a tough balance the writers must strike and I'm not sure MK is always successful at that balance in her episodes.

The best "small" scene to me was in the kitchen as the "club" tried to concentrate over Phyllis' microwave beeping noises. I just about lost it.

I also felt the dialogue between Jim and Karen in the office was a little "forced"... it was just too manufactured. It doesn't seem like a moment that would have existed with cameras hanging over their shoulders. Jim's excuse for leaving and Karen's rhetorical questions seemed so "written out".

Best Parts:

- Jim's "hiding" scene was very well-directed - you never forget the camera was there in the car
- Michael's continued hatred of Toby, Toby in a bow-tie, Toby taking endless crap from Michael, again.
- A stroke of brilliance to make Michael and Dwight's "infiltration" off-screen, heard only through walkie-talkies. It was SO much funnier that way and probably saved this scene of the episode for me.
- Tacky Andy trying to infiltrate the fancy club... as we knew he would.
- Dwight keeping on the moustache after being caught. OK, so I thought the moustaches were so stupid they were funny, even if it DID seem like they were about to send everyone in fast-forward with the "Benny Hill" theme playing.

Jim has a problem taking things seriously... I think this will be part of his arc this season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I liked Dwight talking about gasoline and tires being used for bombs. And the already pointed out scenes of Dwight cutting his weiner on the can, Jim and the cameraman hiding, Dwight still wearing the moustache and Dwight and Michael both threatening to burn Utica to the ground were all hilarious. :)

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Yeah - last night's episode fell mostly flat for me, but I loved "The Finer Things" club.

That was just fantastic. Toby in the bowtie was my favorite.

I also loved Oscar and Toby interrogating Jim at the end about reading "Angela's Ashes."

"Who was the main character?"

"How did it end?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks