What's new

The next live-action cartoon ripoff - Disney to do UNDERDOG (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well more footage as a new trailer has appeared.

till looks like an abomination.

polly is a real dog, simon barsinister is a human short person.
i think it may be peter dinklage.

hard to believe

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Of course the kids has seen the trailer and now they want to see it. Maybe I can get the wife to take em' but if not we are going as a family.

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator

Yea, looks like it's hitting its core audience. Pretty sure they made it for kids to enjoy...not to offend anyone who used to watch the cartoon!! haha I'm so shocked at how angry people are getting over this film, I think it's a cute kids movie!

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

True, even the cartoon Underdog never got into conversation on the subject of dogs sniffing each other's butts ...

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator

haha, I agree, I always thought the cartoon was a little campy and was never a huge fan. i think the movie will actually be an improvement.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
With luck, the movie will be a real dog at the box office. Then Disney may put a short leash on anyone who tries this type of stunt again.

(Come on, I'm sure we can think of some more bad dog puns!)

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Underdog was a children's property just busting at the seams to be made as a full blown animated feature. Oh well, another blown opportunity.

Next, I bet they do Danger Mouse with a real mouse.

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator

Trust me, people would still be complaining even if they animated it, saying it doesn't look the same or something like that. People always find something to complain about. It's still a children's property, and I think kids will enjoy seeing real dogs rather than cartoon ones.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

If my math is correct, the opening day would make this movie 51 days old in dog years. Heck I gave it a try.:eek:

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator

I don't get...it opens Aug. 3, so what's the math you're doing here? Sorry I've been sitting here trying to figure it out...

Either way, I've already made plans with the little cousins to go see it, and they couldn't be more excited.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
My 5 year old (who has NO clue who Underdog is) wants to see this one....me thinks I'll await the $4 rental in September/October.

:)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My 4yr old son and 9yr old daughter want to see it. I have to admit. I laughed at the scene where Underdog says he can't understand how humans hurt each other for money..Then the kid responds about dogs sniffing butts. And Underdog replies "touche". So reason I find that funny. ;)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Underdog is voiced by the My Name is Earl guy correct?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

A pun on dog years to human years 7 to 1. The movie will be so bad that for one day it would seem like....now you took the fun out of it when I got to explain it.:D

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Yes, kids will want to see this new version. But their parents will be bored to tears. If it was done as an animated film, it could have pulled in today's kids and the adults that grew up on the original series. You know, a trip down memory lane. I know I would have gone to see it.

I bet Underdog does the same kind of business as the Firedog movie one of those Airbud movies. Yawn.

It could have been great, that's all I'm saying.

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
Most kids movies usually add in some kind of adult humor so parents won't be "bored to tears," and this movie is probably no exception. I know I've giggled at some of the previews, and I'm an adult! If it was exactly like the animated version, it'd be campy...looking back at old clips of the show, that's what it was like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks