What's new

The next live-action cartoon ripoff - Disney to do UNDERDOG (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Watching the trailer once was bad enough. The only thing worse was having to watch it twice in a row, before the start of Ratatouille. What an abortion. Calling that thing Underdog is just an insult to the original designers of the character. I don't know what that mutt in underwear was, but I do know that it wasn't Underdog. If the jackasses who make this crap can't come up with a sustainable story that uses the actual character then don't do it at all. This fecal matter is on the same level as trying to make a Bugs Bunny cartoon using a real rabbit. Hollywood's penchant to make live action movies from properties with distinctive cartoon personalities is enough to make a person puke. It is like a neon sign stating that the original characters aren't good enough to be in a movie that carries their name. Wow, don't even get me started on the other live action abortions of classic cartoon characters....*cough* The Flintstones *cough*. What's next?A Calvin and Hobbes movie with a short kid and a real tiger.

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator

Not sure that abortion is the correct term to use here...but anyways, I don't think it's really worth it to get too fired up over this movie and just take it as it is, which is a movie made for kids. and i think they'll like it.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

Along the same lines, I found it HIGHLY inappropriate that the latest DVD collections of Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain auto-play a commercial for a violent, bloody "Doomsday kills Superman" video.

For fans of the original Underdog, I will note that a three-disc DVD collection showed up in stores the other day (both as a box set and as individual discs).

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
They did that already in Vegas. Well something like that. ;)

Between this and Vick it's a pretty horrible year for dogs. I just don't get how stuff like this gets greenlit.

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator

I think it gets the green light because they know kids and their families will go see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks