What's new

Directors The Music Draft! (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Brian Lawrence said:
I hope people are not just grabbing the "holy grails" to improve their odds of winning this thing. I myself am much more interested in seeing people compile lists that reflect their own personal tastes.
As far as I'm concerned, I've never done that and am not doing that at all in this draft. The Beatles have been my favorite band since 9th grade with bands #2 and #3 trading spots for the last eight years.

And whatever I said about feeling sorry for the guy that goes up against the holy trinity, keep in mind that I totally forgot I had the second overall pick of this draft. It wasn't meant as a mean comment to anybody at all. And to boot, I thought we all were drafting songs.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
The letter U
And the number 2

Favorite album: The Unforgettable Fire
Favorite show: War Tour, 5/5/83, Orpheum, Boston
Wish I could have been there, but my videotape is still holding up (thank you, MTV; where are you now, Mark Goodman?): "Bad", Live Aid, Wembley Arena

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Dome,

I was not thinking of you when I posted that. It was pretty much in response to John D's selection. Perhaps he just did not make himself clear as to his thoughts, but reading his post in which he selected Elvis, left me with the impression that he does not even care for Elvis. :eek:

Anyhow, While I do like Elvis (More than The Beatles) He still was not going to be one of my first few selections. And given the fact that we are almost through the first round and no one said "Damn you, I wanted Elvis!" It no longer really matters.

Erik G. You up man

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
Yes! My first choice is still available, and that choice is The Eagles. My favorite album is Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975, which is, IMO, the greatest collection of songs ever. If I had to choose a favorite song, I guess it would be Desperado, the first song Don Henley and Glenn Frey wrote together. The older you get, the more truth you'll find in it. It's aged well, as has that whole album.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
My favorite album is Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975, which is, IMO, the greatest collection of songs ever.
Funny, I was just thinking of that album on the way to work this morning. I was even singing "Witchy Woman" to myself in the car.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Steve picks Johann Sebastian Bach, the German composer. I've heard several of his pieces so Steve I do know him.
Well, I figured someone had heard of Bach. However, some of my picks will probably have you scratching your heads. :)

Not my next one, though. :)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
the band

Favorite album: Music from Big Pink and The Band (a tie that will never be broken)
Favorite moment, #1: "The Weight," with the Staple Singers, from The Last Waltz
Favorite moment, #2: "The Weight," with my brother and fifty of our closest friends, after beer and sake, in a Japanese bar, 2002

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks