What's new

Directors The Music Draft! (1 Viewer)

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
George, you sound like me after Audrey Hepburn was taken in the Dream Girls draft. Fortunately, my taste in music is broader than my taste in women!

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Not to my particular taste, but, "50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong."
So, I'll take the King

Elvis Aaron Presley

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well I'd say the same. I think I have very broad taste in music as I think will be shown by the end of the draft. Nevertheless, all music falls in to 6 tiers to me:

Tier 1 - The Beatles

Tier 2 - Stones & Dylan

Tier 3 - all other great music

Tier 4 - good music

Tier 5 - bad music (e.g., disco)

Tier 6 - horrible music (e.g., really bad disco)

The thing is, that for me, there's a huge distance between these tiers, the biggest being between 1 & 2, and the next biggest gap between 2 & 3. Hence my disappointment. I knew there wasn't much chance of my getting tier 1, but I did hold out hope of getting a tier 2 artist. Now my entire list will consist of 3rd tier artists (which are still great, just not top tier).

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Not to my particular taste, but, "50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong."
Isn't the point here to pick something that is to your particular taste though?

I hope people are not just grabbing the "holy grails" to improve their odds of winning this thing. I myself am much more interested in seeing people compile lists that reflect their own personal tastes.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Ditto that. I picked my 3rd favorite band 1st, because I didn't think it would last till my next turn. I'm hoping (but doubting) that at least one of them still remains.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Well, the way I look at it is, my favorite was already picked, the rest of my top ten will probably still be there when I pick again, Elvis for sure would not be. So, I may as well pick him now. Sorry if that does not fit in with your way of thinking.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I hope people are not just grabbing the "holy grails" to improve their odds of winning this thing. I myself am much more interested in seeing people compile lists that reflect their own personal tastes.
Exactly. Which means most of you will be unfamiliar with the majority of my picks. Hopefully you will have heard of the first one. :D

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Well, the way I look at it is, my favorite was already picked, the rest of my top ten will probably still be there when I pick again, Elvis for sure would not be. So, I may as well pick him now. Sorry if that does not fit in with your way of thinking.
My way of thinking?

Dude! You are the one that stated that Elvis was "Not to my particular taste", so why you would even want him on your list at all, baffles me.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

You suck Jan! :frowning:

Let's see - I would've picked the Beatles as my #1 because that'll draw the most votes. The Stones & Hendrix were high on my list.

My top 3 rock bands fluctuate from time to time & The Who has been a favorite of mine since Junior High.

I'm shocked that my first pick is still available: Led Zeppelin :D

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, let's say I'd gotten to take the Beatles as my # 1 pick. I would have been VERY enthusiastic to get Hendrix as my #2, and would probably have been exstatic at all the rest of my picks. But missing out on my top 3 and having to start with Hendrix was kind of disheartening.

Now if this had been a guitarist draft, Hendrix would be my first choice no matter what.

Cary T

Screenwriter
Steve picks Johann Sebastian Bach, the German composer. I've heard several of his pieces so Steve I do know him :)

Damn you Jim for taking Led Zeppelin :frowning:
With Guns N' Roses and Zeppelin gone I won't see the day past round 1 as you'll see from my later picks. But my #1 and 2 band is still available :)

Next Up:
Chuck
Angelo
ErikG

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
[c] [/c]

[c]Pink Floyd[/c]

The first group I ever loved. The Wall was the first album I bought for myself, and I've seen the movie I don't know how many times. I'm too young to have seen them in their prime, but I caught them twice on the Momentary Lapse tour.

Personal favorite: Animals

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks