What's new

The Mummy Returns sound impact! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I watched The Mummy Ultimate edition and The Mummy Returns back to back on Saturday night and found that both editions are absolute reference quality. Picture and sound quality on both are some of the best I have seen and heard. I did notice that the sound on The Mummy Returns had alot more impact and was alot louder than the Ultimate edition of The Mummy. Did anyone else notice this? I loved it! I wish all dvd's had this kind of sound. On most of my dvd's I usually have my receiver set at -2 or -3 but on the Mummy Returns it was set at -9. If they come out with an Ultimate edition of this movie, I won't be purchasing it. This one is good enough.
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I watched The Mummy Returns last night for the first time and I also think the audio has been JUICED!!! Maybe they are trying to be DTS-Lite.
wink.gif

RonS

Auditioning
same here. just watched it over the weekend and had to turn my receiver down...

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I was very disappointed with the Mummy:UE. Very little LFE and even less surround for a movie of that caliber. I had to put on another DTS DVD after to make sure something wasn't wrong. I ended up putting on The Haunting and what a night and day difference that was.
I haven't rented Mummy Returns yet.
Jeff
[Edited last by Jeff on October 09, 2001 at 03:20 AM]

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
Same here, I thought I had my receivers volume to loud. I have a DENON avr1700, and I normally watch movies at -20 to -25, but had to turn it down to -25 to -30 because of the kids.
This one is loud for sure.
------------------
The only dumb question is the one you never ask....

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Hey Chris, there is no DTS option in the US for The Mummy Returns either. But with it sounding as good as it does, who really cares. I used to think that DTS was the superior format, now I dont think so. Both formats are great. Some movies sound better on DTS and some sound better in Dolby Digital.
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks