The Mummy Returns (problem)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Wilkinson, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Bill Wilkinson

Bill Wilkinson Auditioning

Feb 6, 2002
    Hello. Someone suggested posting my question here, so here it is:

I purchased The Mummy Returns (Widescreen) on DVD and when attempting to play it on my Panasonic A310 it stops at approx. the 1:14:17 mark. I returned it to the store I purchased it at and it played perfectly on their machine. They gave me another copy which, when played on my machine at home, stopped at the exact second as the first copy, however it also played fine on the store's machine.

We currently have over 40 DVDs, and every one of them play without any problems, so I don't think it is my DVD player.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this might be happening? We rented the Full Screen version and it played without any problems, however we would like to own the Widescreen version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Wilkinson
  2. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast

Jun 28, 1999
    Hi Bill. Welcome to The Forum. [​IMG] This sounds suspiciously like your Panny cannot handle the layer change on this disc. However, I do not know where the layer change is on this disc so I cannot say for sure.
  3. Stacey_V

Stacey_V Stunt Coordinator

Mar 2, 2000

I did a quick Google search and found that the layer change on the Region 1 DVD is at 1H.21M.04S (from Digital Bits website). This is quite a ways from your suspected problem area. I know this post doesn't help at all, but it doesn't look like the layer change is the culprit. I would suggest checking the bottom of the disc for smudges, scratches, etc., but that apparently isn't the case if this new copy still craps out at the same point as the first DVD you had.

Hopefully someone else will have some insight for you.

Good Luck!