SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: The Mummy

Tagline: Welcome To A New World of Gods And Monsters

Genre: Fantasy, Thriller, Action, Adventure, Horror

Director: Alex Kurtzman

Cast: Tom Cruise, Annabelle Wallis, Sofia Boutella, Jake Johnson, Courtney B. Vance, Russell Crowe, Marwan Kenzari, Neil Maskell, Javier Botet, Andrew Brooke, Selva Rasalingam, Shanina Shaik, Dylan Smith, Hadrian Howard, Rez Kempton, Bella Ava Georgiou, David Burnett, Stephen Thompson, James Arama, Vera Chok, Sean Cameron Michael, Martin Bishop, Simon Atherton, Matthew Wilkas, Sohm Kapila, Erol Ismail, Parker Sawyers, Rhona Croker, Timothy Allsop, Grace Chilton, Hannah Ankrah, Dylan Kussman, Peter Lofsgard, Shane Zaza, Alice Hewkin, Daniel Tuite, Noof Ousellam, Maryam Grace, Sonya Cullingford, Fionn Cox-Davies, Neus Gil Cortes, Emily Thompson-Smith, Stéphane Deheselle, Madeleine Fairminer, Michèle Paleta Rhyner, Michael Haydon, Jason Matthewson, Kelly Burke, Chasty Ballesteros, Emma Louise Saunders, Ayman Khechini

Release: 2017-06-06

Runtime: 110

Plot: Though safely entombed in a crypt deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient queen whose destiny was unjustly taken from her is awakened in our current day, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia, and terrors that defy human comprehension.

the-mummy-poster_0.jpg

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Lets wait and see the trailer first. This is just a teaser for the trailer! :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The trailer during Sunday night's football game was awful. There was nothing about it that seemed related to The Mummy in any way. If that wasn't the title of the film, I'd think it was the latest generic possession/demonic flick with a crossover from Ethan Hunt.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I thought it looked fine. The Mummy story isn't exactly complex - Mummy is reawakened and causes supernatural conflicts.

I, for one, like the idea of getting a populist, studio system version of the classic monsters again, something not really done as a whole since the 1930-40s. Those films were essentially mainstream general audience entertainments where kids primarily enjoyed the monster related spectacle and adults primarily enjoyed the tragic characters.

There have been plenty of R-rated, more hardcore horror versions of these characters in recent decades (the Brendan Frasier action-adventure comedy Mummy films aside). Time to give the mainstream studio series populist versions of these characters another go, I say. As such, I expect action-adventure with the appropriate supernatural moodiness, a dash of mystery, and hopefully monster spectacle combined with tragic characterizations. That's the mainstream studio film formula of our day, just as the classic 30s films gothic horror style and monster effects driven spectacle was for its day.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I've got a "not as fired up as a was" feeling about this. I'm not sure the Mummy is a hyper action franchise. We'll see.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Didn't do a damned thing for me. I hope the film is much better than this boring trailer.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm really picky when it comes to horror movies. Rampant CGI is the one thing that takes me out of a movie(especially horror) quickly. I just don't want to see this now.
Hopefully the rumor of a Tarantino Dracula movie from a few years ago was accurate, and happens. I would love to see a well crafted Dracula film-with proper pacing, and practical effects.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I actually liked the 1st Trailer, although I do understand the rampant CGI criticism.

Back in the 1930s, it probably would have been badly done rear projection. Every era has its own set of potential bugaboos, regarding special effects!

CHEERS! :)

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Well, he doesn't really look very much like Brendan Frasier... Oh, I get it, we're rebooting now. Re-re-booting.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I actually liked the 1st Trailer, although I do understand the rampant CGI criticism.

Back in the 1930s, it probably would have been badly done rear projection. Every era has its own set of potential bugaboos, regarding special effects!

CHEERS! :)
Yep.

And if one watches the Insider video there are quite a few practical effects, from the makeup and sets, to the actors being in a real vomet comet to get the plane crash tumbling shots.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks