Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

The Mummy (2017) Blu-ray Review
mummytop2-1024x422.jpg

This 2017 version of The Mummy is loud and gauche but only fitfully entertaining with a jumbled narrative that doesn’t serve very well as the initial effort in Universal’s new Dark Universe franchise.

[review]

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
When I saw this on release it was the first time ever I was going to walk out of a cinema because a film was so bad, but I stayed to the end just to check out the Dolby Atmos and as Matt says it was great.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I saw this on release it was the first time ever I was going to walk out of a cinema because a film was so bad, but I stayed to the end just to check out the Dolby Atmos and as Matt says it was great.
Good sound for a bad movie, still produces a bad movie.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
You comment on the indestructible humans. I've have noticed when the movie is good, that's just a nit or I don't care at all. When the movie sucks, as The Mummy does, it's a glaring mistake. Russel Crowe does not get the job done at all. Oh they spared no expense to hire him, and forgot to ask if he's right for the part and he ain't.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I saw this movie in the theatre in 3D. I refuse to see it in this flat version and intend to order the proper 3D version from Amazon.uk. Why in the world they can have it available in Britain and not have it available in its country of origin, in the way it was intended, is a mystery to me. If companies are weezeing out of 3D, it makes no logical sense to do so in one country and not another.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.