What's new

The more the better?! I hope so... (bass shakers) (1 Viewer)

KyleGS

Second Unit
I recently purchased a pair of Bass shakers from PE. One was defective so I installed one under the seat of my couch. I've got an eq on it to knock out the 40-50hz peak and extend the 20-30hz range. I'm powering it with an H/K amplifier. The little thing is annoying. Its a small vibration that seems totally detached from the movie and especially music. It seems slow to react and feels more like a pager vibrating under me. It just doesn't seem realistic to me.

Should I spend more money to get 4 or 8 more of these to improve the tactile sensation or should I spend my money elsewhere?

I have a 7ft couch that I have braced moderately with mdf.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
I'm running four of 'em, unequalized, on a 7' lightweight couch.

They need to be strongly fixed to the couch/chair. I don't hear 'em vibrating, whatever... I've got 'em screwed to 1x12 planks that are in turn screwed onto the bottom of the frame.

I leave 'em off for music. And I think that the peak is actually beneficial in this case, since what I like the shakers for explosions, etc., and that seems to be a predominant freq for 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks