What's new

The Matrix Resurrections (2021) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The next two Warner Bros. releases are In the Heights and Space Jam, neither of which feel like the right fit for a trailer for this movie.
I'm not sure they spend a lot of time thinking about what trailers match with features. I saw The Conjuring 3 yesterday and there was a trailer for In the Heights. Not sure why they think horror fans would be interested in a musical.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure they spend a lot of time thinking about what trailers match with features. I saw The Conjuring 3 yesterday and there was a trailer for In the Heights. Not sure why they think horror fans would be interested in a musical.
To the best of my knowledge, some trailers are mandated to be on a movie but the rest are up to whoever is programming the show for each theater. What I usually see is trailers for similar types of movies (comedy trailers on a comedy, horror on a horror movie, etc.), movies from the same studio (even if it makes no sense with the feature), and franchise movies that have a broad appeal.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Not sure if this information is buried in the thread already. I skimmed, didn't see it. So if you're interested in what appears to be the name of this movie, it is:
Matrix: Resurrections (or the singular, Resurrection).

This info comes from a gift of a crew jacket given to a key makeup artist who posted her unboxing of this gift online and the gift had the name of the movie printed in Matrix style lettering in the in the lining of the jacket. Apologies if this has already been revealed elsewhere here.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If that ends up being right, good job, @Chris Will. I will update the thread title when WB or a trade officially confirms it.

It seems like we should be getting a teaser trailer fairly soon. The next WB release is Space Jam which obviously doesn't fit because Matrix will be rated R. But I'd be really surprised if we don't see a trailer with The Suicide Squad which seems to overlap significantly with the intended audience for this movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Instead of just uploading the trailer, WB uploaded this video announcing that they will upload the trailer on Thursday.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
yeah-im-thinking-im-back.jpg

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I spent an inordinate amount of time and posts discussing the Matrix sequels in 2003 on this board. And I really enjoyed that. I continue to love the first two films, and possess some grudging admiration (and frustration) with the 3rd. But not the ending. I always really dug how it ended.

I'm not a fan of requels or reboots, and the story had been effectively told in the three Matrix films. I was skeptical when they announced this (and all of the failed earlier attempts to reboot the series). It was good they got Lana Wachowski (at least one of the two siblings) back, and so I knew I'd at least check it out at some point. I've seen all of the Wachowski films in theaters since 1999 (missed Bound, :( ), including Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending.

That was a heck of a good trailer, and the film looks gobsmackingly beautiful. John Toll has always been a favorite of mine. So fingers crossed this is a film that deserved to get made, that builds on the previous films, that is its own thing.

Last edited:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Enjoying the meta "dream within a dream"-type concept. Or something similar to Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
When I watched it, my reaction was, "Yeah, that looks like a Matrix movie." There's nothing really wrong with the trailer, but I'm also not seeing anything that gets me excited to return to this world.

That being said, because this is the last WB film going simultaneously to HBO Max, at the very least I'll probably press play on it and see how it goes. In terms of bringing back former franchises, though, the Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer got me really excited about the possibility of seeing some of their old characters again. Here, I'm not really feeling any emotion about the movie.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not entirely sold on that Morpheus recast, especially since Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss were allowed to have aged.

Probably won't see this one is theaters, but will check it out on HBO Max.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm amazed they didn't ask Reeves to change his "John Wick" look. Kind of odd to see John Wick in the matrix.

He was always clean-shaven with shorter hair in the first three films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks