What's new

The Mario legacy (Pre-release thread and more)) (1 Viewer)

Phil_O

Stunt Coordinator
Robert, I never actually played Mario 1 in the arcades but I do remember watching my brother who wouldn't let me play it. We must have been in front of that machine for 2 hours. I remember how red my mom said our eyes were afterwards. LOL.

Romier, how do you like Spidey's song that goes with his dance moves??? LMAO!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
You can play some of mario sunshine at best buy and fry's. They've got a demo disc with it and some other stuff. I tried playing but the controller was broken so I couldn't stop running forward. But it looked pretty cool from what I saw.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
For me, the ecstacy of playing the Mario series peaked and will never be topped by the infintely rare, and joyous event of finding a Frog suit in Super Mario Bros. 3. It was such an amazing surprise. I almost wished that my game could be frozen in time, never leaving the point at which I put the frog suit on. The event of losing it, was pure agony, but Nintendo made a perfect choice of making them so sparse in the game. A real treat, and a treasured chilhood memory.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
My first mario experience was playing the original Mario Brothers on the Atari 2600. Later I played SMB in an arcade on Catalina island before we had a NES. Then I remember the great day, my last day of school in second grade when my brother and I got a NES with Mario/Duckhunt and the zapper. The missing link in my mario experience (other than some of the gameboy titles) is Mario 64 as I never had an N64. However though, once I get all settled into my dorm I'm heading out to the mall to go try and hunt down a copy of Mario Sunshine.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Hopping around in frog form. :). Super Mario Sunshine could be the best ever, confirm on 26th or whenever you play it :).
-Bert

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
There's something about Mario for me, so simple in its conception, yet utter genius. Back in the NES days Mario Bros and Mario 3 ruled my life, and I remember the wait for Mario 3 vividly, I think that was the first game to ever get me excited over a videogame. Snes soon came and we had Mario World which was just heaven, and I still think that game looks lovely! (I MUST pick it up on GBA, i really must).

I think I know every cue of music from Mario World off by heart. Mario is just a beautiful obsession and the series of games make for the one series I always push myself to complete multiple times, I always go back. My delight when finishing Mario 64 having got everything, met Yoshi on the castle roof...etc. Just wonderful. I just love the world of Miyamoto's.

It seems my UK importer has the US version of Sunshine in. I ordered it yesterday and am expecting it by the end of the week. I can not wait!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks