What's new

The Man Who Wasn't There... (1 Viewer)

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks heaps Marc Colella, now I can relax, and look forward to my absound order of The Man Who Wasn't There and Mulholland Drive arriving next week sometime.

Thanks to everyone for answering my question.

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
Just to throw a spanner in the works, this is what a&bsound told me:
Hello,
We have received 99% confirmation that the version of "The Man Who Wasn't There", we will receive, will be a full frame/pan & scan edition. The extra's etc. would appear to be the same as the U.S. release. We sincerely apologize for this late information, however, there was no information earlier that this DVD would not be wide screen.
If you wish to have this title removed from your order please send your e-mail to [email protected]
Again our sincere apologies,
Regards,
WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO NOW???????

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Now that's what I call throwing a wrench into the spokes.

I would figure that Alliance Atlantis would have the correct information... but as I've seen in the past - sometimes we fall victim to corporate misinformation.

The person I talked to read the information off of her spec sheet, and the Alliance back-cover.

I'd be very surprised and confused if the information turned out to be wrong.

In any case, I'm waiting for the release dating before making a move. I can't believe how ridiculous this situation is.

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
As far as reversible English/French packaging goes, it's for the point of sale, not for the end user. They'd have to either ship a percentage of them with the french side showing, or the french retailers would have to open up every copy and reverse the packaging manually. I still think new way is preferable to the old way of putting the french cover on THE BACK, obscuring ALL details of the disc.

Bob_Mandel

Stunt Coordinator
All I want to say is that the USA version is absolutely beautiful. I'll let Bjoern find everything that is wrong with it, but to me it may be one of the most beautiful discs I've ever seen. Mr. Coen might have something to do with that too, I s'pose.

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know any details about the English Region 2 version?
I read that it WILL contain a dts track, and the special features are still to be announced.
Anyone know any more info than that???

JulianK

Supporting Actor
The following Man Who Wasn't There material has recently been certificated by the BBFC, so it seems likely that this is what will be on the UK R2 DVD:
00:46:17:21 | UNTITLED
00:16:22:04 | BEHIND THE SCENES - INTERVIEWS
00:00:30:04 | SMOKE REVIEW
00:00:15:04 | SMOKE CUTDOWN
00:01:26:05 | THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE
00:03:42:23 | DVD BONUS - DELETED SCENES
(The numbers relate to hours:minutes:seconds: frames)
It looks like it's shaping up to be a very nice disc indeed!

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
Hey JulianK,

Thanks for that post about the extras on the UK disc.

Any word on the commentary track yet??

If it's on there, then the UK gets yet another winner IMO.

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Marc, how did you make a contact at Alliance? Did you call them directly? Their website was a joke and is currently non-existant, and my email to them went unanswered. Incidentally, the Future Shop website shows this as 1.33:1. Now, they screwed up the Trees Lounge aspect ratio in the other direction, so no concrete help there. The guy at FS told me they should get their shipment in on Saturday (not for sale until Tuesday), so I'll stop by and take a look. This way I'll know if I have to pop over for a visit to Alliance on Monday.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Andrew,

I simply did a search for Alliance Atlantis on Canada411.com and the result was a number for their corporate office on Bloor (which I've been to before).

I was then transferred over to their Home Video division per my request.

I have the name and e-mail address of the person who read the specs from the Alliance DVD back-cover and from their spec sheet, and you can bet top dollar that they'll be hearing from me if I was given the wrong information.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Daniel, one of the leading online UK retailers (www.hmv.co.uk) says that the disc has the commentary track, for what it's worth. Recently Entertainment in Video has been releasing some very good discs which are often better than their R1 equivalents (the deleted scenes on American Psycho and Traffic, for example), so it's doubtful that they'd leave off the commentary track if one is available. Keep your fingers crossed!
It's astonishing that we're just days away from the disc being released, and no-one has any concrete information. Entertainment in Video has a PR company, but they don't seem to be earning their money!

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going for the dts R2 version now...

I'll order it with Amelie (dts & commentary)...

Thanks Julian.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks