What's new

The Making of Michael Jackson's Thriller (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Are there any plans to release this hour long doc, with the full music video, on dvd? I'd love to have it for Halloween, as it remains my all-time favorite music video and a must see for the Oct. holiday season.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Maybe if anyone ever forgets about the wacko that is Jacko, we'll see some product.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
The complete video is on both volumes 1 and 2 of Michael Jackson's "History" DVDs. I want a complete version of that "Can You Feel It" video that's partly shown on the Making Of Thriller; I've been known to play what there is of that over and over :)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, Making of MJ's Thriller was released on VHS back in 83-84 when MJ mania was at it's peak, but I don't think CBS (which became Sony) distributed it, so it might be harder to do a DVD for it. But the complete video itself does appear on the HIStory DVD's

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, because Michael Jackson's eccentricities have prevented so many other Michael Jackson products from being released.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
"Making Michael Jackson's Thriller" was put out in late 1983 by now-defunct Vestron Video, and was the biggest-selling videotape to date. I have it on both laserdisc and CED :)
Image reissued it on laserdisc with digital sound (which didn't exist when the original Vestron LD came out) sometime in the early 90s.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I always found it ironic that the "making of" doc was about 4 times longer than the actual film LOL

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Well, that's true for some "making-ofs" of movies on DVD now! There's tons of movies that take longer to watch all the extras than the actual movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks