What's new

The last (6th) book of Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide due out next year (1 Viewer)

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I've seen a bit of concern from people about publishing it considering it's an unfinished work, but it almost seems appropriate... The original book was only 3/4 finished when the published finally demanded he finish the page he was on and send it to them! It worked out pretty well... :)
I'm sure DNA wasn't happy with the book in it's current state, but he has always disliked his own books, at least at the time publishing.
In the end, I am happy to see it published.

Chuck Parker

Agent
Count me in as another person glad to be seeing the final works of DNA published. His humor and insight are truly missed.

though wasn't "A Salmon of a Doubt" going to be the title for the third Dirk Gently book, not a sixth Hitchhiker?

-chuck

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Sixth novel? So, what was the title of the fifth book? The last one I knew about was the fourth -- So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish. It would be quite a treat to know there was another story from the Hitchhiker series that I had not read yet.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Mostly Harmless is considered the 5th book in the Hitchhiker's series... It's about Arthur Dent's daughter Random...
:)
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks